Thursday, June 1, 2023

Lighthouse Birthday for Color Hues

Hello friends!  The start of a new month brings about a new Color Hues challenge and this time the lovely Jules P. has chosen the fabulous color combo of red and aqua.


I'm also sharing my card over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is Anything Goes.

I love this color combo and had fun using it with another die set, this time from Hero Arts.


Rather than try to do an inked background or even color the individual pieces of the cover die, I opted to inlay multiple colors of cardstock - white for the frame and clouds, three aquas for the water and sky, red and gray for the lighthouse and cream and black for the sailboat and birds.  Once everything was cut out, it was pretty simple to inlay all the pieces.  


I kept the sentiment simple, stamping in Altenew Obsidian then die cutting with the coordination die.  Once that was adhered the card was finished.  With a large number of summer birthdays coming up, I was happy to have another card in my stash.


So what are you inspired to make with these colors?  I do hope you'll join us for this challenge, it will be open until 9:00 am Wednesday June 14th.  In the meantime, be sure to slip over to the challenge blog where the other DT members have a fabulous assortment of cards to spark your creativity!

Thanks for visiting!  Take care.

Stef


Stamps:  Waffle Flower Elegant Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hero Arts Ivory, Concord and 9th Oceanside and Aqua Sky, Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass, Fog and Smoke,, Stampin' Up Real Red and Black
Dies:  Hero Arts Lighthouse and Sailboat Cover Die, WF Elegant Sentiments matching die

10 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Stef, I really LOVE this. Went over to look at the new colors, and this one leapt off the screen. I am an ocean lover, and of course a lighthouse lover too. This is special!

Cindy Beach said...

I fell in LOVE with this happy card the moment I saw it, Stef! Using the varied card stocks gives a fabulous result! I love nautical themes so I am so glad seeing what you've done with this die has handily enabled me. HA! It's not really that hard to do....

cm said...

Your ocean/lighthouse/sailboat scene is awesome; love all the hues of colours you've used. You have the coolest dies in your collection!
~carol

Lisa Elton said...

I love lighthouses and this one is a cutie! The swirly waves are fun and I like your ombre colors. This is delightful, Stef!

Julie B said...

This is such a great idea Stef, I never thought of the lighthouse and sea and its the perfect match! :)

Nancy said...

You totally went in a fabulous direction with this, Stef! I could not love this anymore!! Awesome card!

Marcia Hill said...

Living in Michigan I've always been a lighthouse lover, and this Hero Arts die is just so cool and looks perfect with the reds and aqua's Stef!! This card definitely stood out to me too for this challenge...awesome job my friend!! Hugs. :0)

JulieP said...

I love inlaid designs and your nautical one couldn't be more perfect with the colors. This is just so fun. You totally rocked it.

Karen said...

This lighthouse scene is fabulous, and what a great way to use the color combination. All those inlaid elements make a very special card! Love it.

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef your design is awesome. I love all the bright colours and how you used multiple hues! Love that die so much!