Sunday, June 25, 2023

Peaceful Birthday for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  Well, isn't this month just rolling by?  It's time once again for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps!  This time it's a sketch challenge by yours truly - I hope it inspires you to join us!


It had been a while since I'd made a slimline card and I like all the real estate for creating that it provides. For my card, I did rotate it so it is portrait rather than landscape style. I also apologize with the photo quality of the first shot - I had a heck of a time getting the sentiment to read clearly, even after photo editing.  I'm currently using an older smartphone and I think it's time for an upgrade lol!


The Peaceful Birds stamp and die set from MFT were perfect for making a slimline birthday card.  All the images were stamps, colored with Copics and die cut with the matching dies.  The MFT mini clouds stencil and some light blue ink were used to create the clouds on a 3.25" x 8.25" panel.  I then laid out my scene so I'd know where the grass layer would go and ink blended a couple of green Distress inks on a separate panel of white, then die cut it with a grass border die.


Before adhering the scene panel to the card base I colored a strip of white with the same Copic marker as the one used for the birdhouse, added it to the white card base, then layered the panel on to finish things up.


Do you like making slimline or mini slimline cards?  We'd love to see yours in the gallery, the challenge is open until 4pm MDT Friday 7/7.  In the meantime, please pop over to the challenge blog where the other DT members have created some fabulous cards for your inspiration!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  MFT Peaceful Birds
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Simon Says Stamp Marine, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress
Dies:  Peaceful Birds, Lawn Fawn Grassy Borders, MFT Skinny Strips
Stencil:  MFT Mini Cloud Edge
Copics:  B28, 26, 23, YG45, 41, G28, 17, 03, Y26, 08, 13, R20, C3, 000, YR16, E49, 47, 44, 43, 41

5 comments:

Nancy said...

This is one of the prettiest scene slimlines I have seen in a long time. The detail on the birdhouse and the depth of the leaves is just incredible. I love the two-banner greeting as well. Awesome card, Stef!

Heather said...

So very sweet, Stef, and what a fun sketch you've given us! Love your little birding scene here - we feed them in our yard here, and are obsessed with watching them coming and going - I think we need to get them a house set up now, too, lol. What beautiful colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this pretty little scene you've created Stef! It fills the slimline perfectly. Fabulous card!

Heidi Baks said...

Amazing scene you've created, Stef!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that you switched the orientation to create your sweet scene, beautifully coloured as always. I don’t make slimlines often either, but I agree that sometimes the deed real estate offers some great creative opportunities, as your card testifies. Gorgeous Stef!