Friday, June 16, 2023

African Daisy for Color Hues

Hello friends!  We have a new challenge at Color Hues, and this time the lovely Karen has chosen yellow and green for the color combo. 


I decided to use a newer stamp that hadn't been inked up yet, making a relatively CAS card.


I wanted to have a light yellow background, so I opted to have white daisies.  My lightest yellow Copic marker was used for the background, and I didn't color it solid, doing a lot of flicking back and forth that left bits of white here and there.  I used light grays to provide some shading of the daisies and some really bright and cheerful greens for the leaves.


The panel was trimmed down and when I finally settled on a sentiment (are you ever indecisive about the sentiment or it's placement?  I sure can be!), it was stamped in black pigment ink.  Next, I used a cover plate die on a panel of white, adhered that to the base, then added the main image that was layered on a slightly larger black panel and called it done, opting to not add any embellishments.  Like I said, pretty CAS.


You'll find some amazing inspiration by my super-talented teammates over on the challenge blog and  I hope you'll join us and share what you're inspired to make with these colors!  The challenge remains open until 9 a.m. EST Wednesday June 28th.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Paint-A-Flower: African Daisy and Fancy Greetings
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Altenew Obsidian
Dies:  Pinkfresh Studio Stitched Diamonds Cover Plate die
Copics:  YR24, Y15, 11, 000, C3, 1, 00, YG09, 07, 05, 01

11 comments:

Julie B said...

Your daisies look fab Stef, I also toyed with going down that root as the Ox-eyes are in their full pomp at the moment. :)

I Card Everyone said...

she LOVES it!
Stef I really need to revisit this stamp - so pretty left snowy white! Mine in the front garden are just about ready to bloom!
=]

Karen said...

Those daisies are so cheerful! They remind me of my Shasta daisies which are one of the few flowers I can count on to come back year after year. They bloom most of the summer. Your CAS design is perfect for them, and yes, I often struggle with sentiments--both choosing them and the placement!

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is SO pretty Stef and makes me think of the line from the You've Got Mail movie where Meg Ryan's character says "Don't you just love Daisies? They're so cheerful!" They sure do make me smile and yours especially Stef! Love how you left them white with just a bit of gray shading and made your background yellow, which is absolutely beautiful! And yes, I'm always indecisive about sentiments and where to place them...sometimes that's the longest part of the whole card making process for me! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

Nothing better in my opinion than white daisies. Such a happy flower! The pale yellow background was just enough to make them stand out. The placement of greetings is always a problem for me, I usually forget to leave enough room. Pretty car, Stef!

Hannelie said...

Oh I love white daisies! Your card is so beautiful... a lovely design!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm playing catch up after our vacation and love these pretty cards I've missed!

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO very lovely!!!

The entire team really knocked it out of the park this challenge!!
So INSPIRING!!!

-love it
-Kimberly

Cindy Beach said...

Stef, I just love your daisies and the softly colored background. The yellow hue you achieved is beautiful and the green is vivd! This card makes me smile. The sentiment is just right too!

cm said...

You've achieved a lovely effect in leaving your flowers white, while surrounding them with a soft yellow background and vibrant leaves. So incredibly pretty! Love this!
hugs~carol

JulieP said...

This is so pretty! I always love a touch of black in the border and yours really sets off this pretty design.