Sunday, June 11, 2023

Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Hello there!  I'm back with my second post of the day (you can find my Sunday Stamps DT post here.) For this post I'm playing along with the super fun challenge at Inkspirational, where they want us to share seasonal cards.  


Every year since my grandchildren were young, I have sent each of them a Halloween card.  Now that they are adults, I still do it because it's fun, they love getting them and I love to make them.  So, the card I'm sharing today was one I made for my granddaughter last fall but have never shared it in a blog post, so I thought now's the perfect time!


My favorite Halloween movie (and probably so for many people) was and is Hocus Pocus.  I'm a huge Bette Midler fan and she and the other two women were absolutely hilarious.  So, when I saw that Stamping Bella had this stamp, it was a must have for me.  

After stamping the image, I used Copic markers to color the witches and the background, using a lot of inspiration for that from the super talented Elaine Hughes and the other DT at SB.  The panel was then cut down with a wonky rectangle die, then adhered to a black A2 card base.


The sentiments are from a separate stamp set (both listed below) and after they were white heat embossed on black, I fussy cut them down to size and added them with a bit of foam tape.  The last step was to add some Honey Bee Stamps Obsidian Rhinestones, including a small one for the necklace on the middle witch.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  I hope you have a great week ahead!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps: Stamping Bella Curvy Girls Witches 3 and Frightful and Delightful
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hero Arts Pitch Black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other:  Simon Says Stamp Wonky Rectangle die, Honey Bee Stamps Obsidian Rhinestones
Copics:  Hair: (YR35, 33, 31) (E29, 09, YR18, 14) (C9, 7, 6, 3); Dresses: (BV29, 09, 06, BG99, G28, YG67, 17, 25 W9, 7, 5) (RV99, 19, 66, 55, BV17, V17, 15, 12) (E57, YR18, 16, Y17, BV17, V17, 15, 12); Background: V25, 22, T6, 4

1 comment:

cm said...

Stef, I'm blown away by this card! Fabulous images and your colouring is ohmystars amazing! WOW! I, too, enjoy creating Halloween themed cards/projects; nearly time to get started! So thrilled you joined us at Inkspirational!
~carol