Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Christmas Sparkle for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello friends!  For the month of June, the challenge at Christmas Craft Creations is to use heat embossing as the focus of your project.  My card today is for the reminder post - the challenge is open until 11:00 am MDT on Tuesday July 11th.


I'm also playing along with the lovelies at Inkspirational, where the current challenge is to emboss your background.


I don't know about you, but I have what I wouldn't call a "bad" habit (although my wallet may disagree lol!) but a tendency to get carried away after seeing all the new beautiful Christmas crafting supplies that are released every year and buying more than I use in a season.  The stamp I used today is one of them.


The snowflakes are part of the beautiful Snowed In Background stamp from Taylored Expressions and because it is red rubber, I easily got beautiful results despite the intricate detail of the snowflakes.  It was stamped with Versamark onto aqua paper then silver heat embossed.  I then inked around the perimeter of the panel with a darker aqua color and once that dried trimmed the panel down to 3.75" x 5".


Next the sentiment, which is from Poppystamps Christmas Sparkle stamp set, was stamped on the aqua paper, silver heat embossed then die cut with a circle die and mounted on a slightly larger circle die cut from matte silver cardstock.  The sentiment was added to the panel with thin foam squares.  The panel was then adhered to a 4" x 5.25" panel of the same silver paper then added to a white card base.  I loved how it looked but thought it could use a bit more sparkle, so I added Ocean Waves crystals to the center of all the snowflakes except the tiniest of them.  I wish I could show you how it sparkles IRL, it looks so pretty, but unfortunately my camera just can't capture that.


Thanks so much for visiting and I do hope I've inspired you a bit, and for even more inspiration to start or add to your Christmas card stash, be sure to head over to the challenge blog where the other design team members have some beautiful cards to share!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Taylored Expressions Snowed In Background, Poppystamps Christmas Sparkle
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Simon Says Stamp Matte Silver, Concord and 9th Aqua Sky
Ink:  Versamark, Concord & 9th Oceanside
Dies:  Hero Arts Nested Infinity Circle dies, 
Other: SSS Ultra Fine Silver embossing powder, Studio Katia Ocean Waves Crystals

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, would you just look at all of the marvelous shimmer and shine! Beautiful card, Stef!

cm said...

Yes, I'm guilty of being carried away by new Christmas releases - especially those revealed in July! Sheesh!
Your card is absolutely, completely and totally stunning! The shimmer, the colour, the snowflakes, the encircled sentiment...festive and glamourous! So thrilled that you joined us at Inkspirational!
hugs~carol