Thursday, June 15, 2023

Billowing Peonies for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's mid-month and time for The Flower Challenge reminder post.  This month our theme is to use your favorite flowers.  I hope you'll join us and share your favorite flower!


Warning - this is a longer than normal post as I couldn't make just one card. ;-)

As I shared in my post at the beginning of the month, I love peonies and we had some beauties in our front yard this year but unfortunately the series of thunderstorms we've been experiencing cut their life a bit short.  But I do have a couple photos to share.



The pink flowers start out almost red, then bloom out to the light pink, and while it's hard to see, the whites one have small, vibrant pink stripes right in the middle. 

Now onto my cards.  When Altenew celebrated their 9th anniversary in April, I just had to get their mega-sized Billowing Peonies bundle.  The stamp used today is HUGE and I had to use my Memory Misti to stamp it!  I decided to use the accompanying stencils to color them pink and white like those in our garden.


The card ended up being 5 1/2 x 7 3/4 inches and I used my W R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punch board to make a custom envelope.  Altenew inks (listed below) were used for stenciling the image, then it was die cut with the coordinating die.  A separate panel was ink blended with light blue, then both the floral image and the panel were lightly splattered with Altenew Jet Black ink spray using a small paintbrush.


When the splatter dried, I used the punchboard to round two corners of the panel, adhered the floral image, then trimmed off the overhanging parts.  The panel was adhered to a white card base, then I added the die cut sentiment.  A few clear sequins finished things off.

I couldn't help but stamp a few more images while I was at it, so I made a couple more cards.


Similar to the last, it was stenciled, splattered with black ink spray, then the panel trimmed down with a rectangle die and added to a light gray card base.


And of course, I couldn't stop before coloring at least one flower with alcohol markers!  I tried out some of my new OLO markers - the flower was certainly a treat to color and the markers blended beautifully.

So there you have it, my total love affair with anything peony on full display lol!  Now, be sure to head over to the challenge blog, my amazing teammates have even more stunning floral cards to share with and inspire you.  Remember, you have until the 25th to play along!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Billowing Peonies
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Fog
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Altenew Obsidian, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite, Warm Sunshine, Honey Drizzle, Firefly, Grass Field, Shadow Creek, Limestone, Silver Stone, Industrial Diamond, Sea Breeze
Dies:  Altenew Billowing Peonies, Versatile Greetings and Featured Sentiment dies; Simon Says Stamp Fancy Hello; Hero Arts Rounded Rectangle Infinity die; Pink & Main Layered Square dies
Other:  Altenew Jet Black ink spray and Billowing Peonies stencil set, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins, W R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punchboard Envelope Maker, Honey Bee Stamps Small Clear Dew Drops
OLO markers:  V2.8, 2.7, 2.6, 2.4, 2.3, 1.1, G1.8, 1.7, 1.4, 0.1, YO 2.7, 2.5, 2.3, Copic Y04

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so glad I came by to check out your card from The Flower Challenge! I was so happy to see you made 3 incredible cards! WOW! Your peonies in your yard are gorgeous too! Love that the white ones have the pink stripe in the middle. So unique! Now, back to your cards! Each one is terrific and I love them all equally! I wish I had your skills! Thanks for this lovely post, Stef, and for inspiring us!

Bobby said...

Your colored peonies are as gorgeous as the ones in your yard, Stef. I am amazed at your OLO coloring on the purple one. Stunning!