Sunday, June 4, 2023

Peony Birthday Wishes for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  The new month also brings a new challenge at The Flower Challenge.  This month the theme is to use your favorite flower - how easy is that?  Well, unless you have multiple favorites, then you'll have to choose one - or even better, make more than one card for the challenge!


I'm also joining the current Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

If you follow my blog, you may know that peonies are my very favorite flowers and I have a one to share today that I colored in what I guess is my current favorite color - peach!


This gorgeous image is from Altenew, and as a peony lover, one I could not resist adding to my collection of flower stamp sets.  I used Copic markers to color it, then it was die cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is from Spellbinders, foiled in gold and die cut with a sentiment label die.


Next the Diamond Frame cover die was cut from Concord & 9th Nectar cardstock, then adhered to a white panel that was ink blended around the outside with the same shade of ink from C&9, and added to a white card base.  The floral image was layered with two additional die cuts for dimension, adhered to the card front, then the sentiment was added with both glue and then foam squares.  To tie in the gold on the sentiment I added three sparkling gold gems and that finished it off.


I'd love to know what your favorite flower is and I hope you'll share with us this month!  The challenge is open through the 25th.  In the meantime, be sure to take a peek at the stunning array of flower cards from the other DT members!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Build-A-Flower:  Pristine Peonies
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hammermill, C&9 Nectar
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Nectar
Dies:  All from Altenew - Pristine Peonies, Diamond Frame Cover and Featured Sentiments
Foiling:  Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II Hot Foil Plate and Gold Glimmer Hot Foil
Gems:  Spellbinders Aura Color Essential Gems
Copics:  R32, 11, E00, YR23, Y15, YG67, 17, 25, 03

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are beautifully colored, Stef and I like the pretty background you gave them! Wonderful card!

Bobby said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Stef. Your coloring of the peonies is wonderful, especially in peach, and the diamond frame with the inking behind it made a lovely background for them.

Pam Sparks said...

A gorgeous card Stef! So beautifully colored and designed! I love it!

Carol L said...

These peonies look absolutely stunning in the way you colored and layered them on this card! I love that diamond cover die and how perfect it looks with the floral images! This is really a beautiful birthday card!

TaeEun said...

They are beautiful coral peonies, Stef! I love also the background in the matching color!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love those peonies and your coloring, such a pretty shade of peach.