Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Fragrant Florals Embossing

Hello friends!  Today I have a card that I made using an embossing technique that Jennifer McGuire recently shared on her blog post here. There's also a link to her YT video there too.  It was really fun and pretty easy to do - I actually made four card fronts but turned only one of them into a card for today's post.  I'm sharing this over at Inkspirational, where the current challenge is to emboss your background.


My card uses an embossing folder from one of my favorite Altenew product suites called Fragrant Florals.


Isn't that embossed impression pretty?  To begin, I used silver pigment ink and lightly but throughly inked up the raised portion inside the embossing folder.  I placed a panel of peacock cardstock on the uninked side, then closed the embossing folder and ran it through my die cut machine.  For a couple of the panels I had to run them through twice, to get better inking of the debossed area, but I think that was due to the ink pad being a little dry.  


Now I'll bet you're thinking to yourself "Gee, that doesn't look like peacock cardstock" and you'd be correct, partly because the next step is to use a brayer and ink the panel with a darker ink.  In this case I used Simon Says Stamp Cadette ink.  Not really darker but layering it on really made the background pop as well as the contrast with the debossed silver.  Also, I recently got a photo box and the lighting changes the color of anything aqua or teal.  I had a similar issue with my prior lighting setup and I'm not sure what to do but I don't want to spend any more $$ for now so I'll have to figure out some kind of workaround. In the meantime, the card appears blue.

To finish off the card, the panel was trimmed down to 3.75" x 5" then layered on the card base.  The die cut hello sentiment was cut from silver then backed with the shadow die from the same cardstock and added with thin foam squares.  I realized when I edited my photo the center of the letter o would have probably given it a more finished look, but I'm hopeful the recipient won't mind!


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Christmas card for the Christmas Craft Creations reminder post, so pop on over if you have a chance!

Take care!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Concord & 9th Peacock, SSS Matte Silver
Ink:  Encore Silver Pigment ink, SSS Cadette
Dies:  Altenew Vertical Greetings
Embossing Folder:  Altenew Fragrant Florals

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a wonderful job with Jennifer's technique, Stef! Beautiful card!

cm said...

WOW! You've embraced - and stepped up several notches - the technique JM used. Your card is stunning! Love the colour! Once again, delighted to see you at Inkspirational!
hugs~carol