Thursday, June 8, 2023

The Joy is in the Journey

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I made for my nephew and am playing along with Ann's challenge to create a masculine card at The Paper Players.


The Paper Players always has great challenges, I have found myself not having time (making time?) to play along, so this week I made sure to do so.


I used Altenew's Spectacular Adventures stamp and die set.  I think the idea of the reflection in glasses is so clever and there are three different scenes to choose from - obviously I chose the mountain scene.  The glasses were stamped in black, then I used Gina K's Warm Glow Amalgam ink to stamp the scene.  It's a light ink to use for that "no-line" stamping look.  Copic markers were used to color the scene, then the piece was die cut.


I used one of my favorite plaid prints from the retired Stampin' Up Plaid Tidings DSP - I hoard this paper pack lol!  The panel was trimmed down and layered on a white card base.  The sentiments were stamped on a white strip, layered on a slightly larger one of Garden Green cardstock, the adhered to the card.  Lastly the glasses were added with foam tape for a bit of dimension.


Thanks for talking time to stop by.  I hope you're having a great week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Spectacular Adventures, PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Garden Green, Plaid Tidings dsp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Gina K Warm Glow Amalgam
Die:  Spectacular Adventures
Copics:  G46, 43, W1, 0, BG000, 0000

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a great card for your nephew! This scene in the shades is fun!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a fabulous card, Stef! The glasses reflecting the scene is one of the neatest things I have seen. And speaking of scenes, this one is colored so beautifully! I love the sentiment. You rocked my challenge for sure. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Suzanne said...

Stef, So glad you made time for this week's Paper plyers challenge. Your card is so unique. The scene reflected in the glasses is clored beautifully. Well done!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a cool card, Stef! as always, your coloring is top notch. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!