Sunday, May 28, 2023

Happy Birthday for Sunday Stamps

Hello, friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time we have a terrific sketch created by Heather.


As you'll see if you pop over to the challenge blog, there are a variety of interpretations of this sketch.  I opted to go with a rectangle rather than a square card, as it worked best for my design.


I was totally smitten by the Hero Arts release a while back and just had to have this cute Fancy Die kite set!  For the three background elements on the sketch, I used a cloud stencil with Concord & 9th's Aqua Sky ink to create three sets of clouds. The panel was trimmed down and added directly to the card base.


The kite elements were die cut from Stampin' Up Real Red, Black and Daffodil Delight cardstock.  After adding the frame to the kite, it was popped up on the panel with foam tape.  The tail was aligned below then I added the four bows and topped them with mini pearls from my stash.  The sentiment is from a long retired SU Sale-A-Bration stamp set.  I was planning on stamping it directly on card front, but it's a cling stamp and I was afraid I wouldn't get it straight, so I opted for stamping on a separate piece of cardstock, die cut it with an oval then added it with foam tape.  I thought I was finished but the sky seemed a bit empty, so the birds were added after die cutting using a different HA Fancy die set and that was it!


Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll take a moment to visit the challenge blog and see the wonderful inspireation the other DT members have to share, and hopefully be inpsired to play along with us.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Ret. SU Sky is the Limit
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, SU Real Red, Black, Daffodil Delight
Ink:  Concord & 9th Aqua Sky, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Dies:  Hero Arts Fancy Kite and Fancy Cloudy Sky Scene dies, Ellen Hutson Essential Ovals
Stencil:  MFT Mini Cloud Edges

3 comments:

dj said...

Your clouds are such a creative take on this sketch!! For those who decide to play along with our new "Panel Love" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps, you have offered great inspiration...Cheery kite flying up high!! Way to go making Heather's sketch shine!! #SOS310

Heather said...

Wow, Stef, love this fun take on our sketch! I can see why you were smitten with this kit set - LOVE those perfect tiny details! Beautiful scene!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the clouds as your horizontal elements! This is cute, Stef!