Saturday, July 1, 2023

Season's Greetings for Color Hues

Hello and welcome back!  As the calendar flips to another month, it also brings a new challenge over at Color Hues!  This time, the lovely Marcia has chosen Merlot and Navy for her combo.


I thought about making a floral card with these colors but then decided they were perfectly suited for a Christmas card, and I am all about building that stash of holiday cards now instead late fall!  As a result, I'm also joining the new challenge at Inspirational - Christmas in July!




I used the lovely Concord & 9th Holly Berry Turnabout bundle that included the stamp and the dies for this card.  While I didn't have a Merlot ink specifically, I got as close as I could using Simon Says Stamp Cherry, which is almost identical to C & 9's Cranberry.  For the navy, I used SSS Galaxy ink.  I did try to use my new C & 9 Midnight and Cranberry ink pads, but they were still so juicy I couldn't get a crisp image when stamping.  I just need to put them to use and they will be fine in the future, I'm sure.

I used the new Turnabout jig in my Misti and with worked beautifully.  The stamped panel was originally 5.5" square, trimmed down to 3.75" x 5" using a rectangle die.


Next the sentiment, navy backer and leaves were all die cut, along with a 4" x 5.25" panel of SSS Matte Silver that was then layered on an A2 size panel of C&9 Cranberry cardstock.  The leaves were glued to the back of the sentiment then it was all popped up on the card with thin foam squares.  A few silver pearls were added to finish things off.


The design team and our wonderful guest designer Rosemary have some gorgeous inspiration to share with you, so pop on over to the blog and check it out.  I hope you're inspired to join us using this pretty color combo, the challenge will be open until 9 am EDT on July 14th.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  C & 9 Holly Berry Turnabout
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Silver, C & 9 Midnight and Cranberry
Ink:  SSS Cherry and Galaxy
Dies:  Holly Berry dies, Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle dies
Other:  Lucy's Cards Silver Pearl mix

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I am totally crushing on these colors for a Christmas card, Stef! I adore how this turned out! Well done!

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! And so nice to have a start on your holiday cards.

Julie B said...

I do love the effect of turnabout stamps but so far I've held off, you aren't helping my bank balance Stef! A lovely Christmas make. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely use of the colors! This is wonderful!

Marcia Hill said...

Stef, these colors really are perfect for Christmas, and this card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! The addition of the matte silver totally brings this card to a whole new level, and you have definitely made my challenge colors SHINE! And on top of that, you have a start on your Christmas cards...YAY!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

I considered a Christmas card too, Stef! How beautiful these colors look with berry and hollies and that wonderful matte silver. I love everything about this! You did some amazing stamping with that turnabout!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef this is stunning and I plan on CASEing this card with the same stamp set. It looks amazing in these two colours of ink! It's always fun to go back and use older stamp sets and making them look new again! Your turnabout stamping it perfect!

cm said...

Ohmystars, Stef...your card is absolutely gorgeous! I have a number of turnabouts in my collection, but not this one. Oh oh...I may have to order it at some point, especially after seeing your festive magic. The inks are perfect! Thank you, too, for joining us at Inkspirational; your support and enthusiasm means so much to our little team!
hugs~carol

Rosemary said...

Your Christmas card is just beautiful in the navy and merlot! Thanks so much for the lovely comment.

Pia S said...

I think the colors are perfect for a Christmas make and the holly background is festive in an elegant, decorative way. Thanks for sharing your card with us at INKspirational!

cm said...

Hello...just dropping in to let you know that your gorgeous card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational. So thrilled that you played along! Thank you!
hugs~carol