Sunday, April 30, 2023

Dainty Flowers for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time Melissa has given us a wonderful sketch to work with.


I decided to pull out some pretty patterned paper that I've had for a few years and use that as the inspiration for my card.


I love the dainty flowers and the soft colors, plus I was pretty certain I had a flower stamp with a similar shape to those on the paper. Sure enough, the Altenew Floral Henna stamp set had a trio of stamps shaped similarly to the ones on the paper.  I stamped them, then Copic colored and fussy cut the center flower and a couple of the leaves.


I pulled out two sheets of the paper. One was die cut and adhered to the white card base.  From the other I cut a 1" strip and layered it on a slightly larger piece of white, then added it to the card front.  The sentiment was stamped and die cut then added with thin foam tape.  Lastly the fussy cut flower was popped up with regular foam tape.  Originally, I had the flower on a die cut circle with the sentiment going across the bottom but it didn't look proportional to the size of the vertical strip, and since that was already glued down, I decided to add just the flower without the circle.  That helped but I do wish I'd made the blue strip about a quarter or half inch larger.


Thanks so much for visiting!  Now it's your turn to create something with this fabulous sketch!  But before you head off to your craft room, the design team has oodles of wonderful inspiration to share so head over there and take a peek!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Floral Henna, MFT Stylish Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Moda Scrap Spring Flowers Collection paper pack
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Dies:  Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle die, Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label dies
Copics:  B93, 91, C0, G82, 40

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Stef, This is as dainty and pretty as can be! Love the papers you have used and your soft coloring. Let me say that greeting has me singing the Golden Girls Theme song. LOL I am certainly happy to call you friend too!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the soft blue colors and pattern paper.

Heather said...

Just beautiful, Stef - love that delicate floral paper for the background, and I think your proportions are just fine! That large flower is glorious! Always love your coloring!

Lisa Elton said...

So soft and dreamy! Love this, Stef!

Heidi Baks said...

So soft and lovely!

Melissa Grant said...

So soft and pretty Steff. I just love how the color blue is very soothing & serene. You used the sketch very nicely :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is lovely1 I love the soft shades of blue. So soothing and sweet! Love the sentiment, too!