Saturday, April 22, 2023

Delightful Day

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card that I made using Karren's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


I had just received Altenew's new Delightful Day stamp set the day before and it worked perfectly with this card design.


This set is a layering stamp set and specifically made to be used in Altenew's new Stampwheel.  It has the four  (or three for the leaves) layers on one stamp that you simply rotate to create the layers.  It took me a couple of tries to feel comfortable using it, but for me, it certainly beat trying to line up the individual layers, which I always had trouble with.  After stamping the flower, leaves and the sentiment, they were all die cut with the matching dies.


Next, a panel of SSS Sea Glass cardstock was embossed using Spellbinder's Beveled Diamonds 3D folder, then adhered directly to the white card base.  The circles were die cut with the Folk Edge Circle dies from Pinkfresh Studio, adhered to the embossed panel, then I added the floral image with thin foam squares.  I also used foam squares under the part of the sentiment that was hanging off the edge, then finished things up with a few Bridal Suite Jewels from Lucy's Cards.


I hope you are having a delightful day!  Thanks for stopping by!

Stef


Inks:  Altenew Obsidian, Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Magenta, Honey Drizzle, Lime, Fresh Leaf and Green Opal

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the blue background with this pretty bloom! Lovely card, Stef!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! I love the textured background and the flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!