Monday, May 1, 2023

Abstract Birthday for Color Hues

Hello and welcome!  Another month rolls around (it's May already?) and it's time for a new challenge at Color Hues.  This time, the fabulous Hannelie has chosen the yummy combo of hot pink and cyan.


I'm also joining Anne Marie's Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at The Paper Players. My three in a row go from top left to bottom right - bright colors (two hot pinks), die cut (Modern rectangle die), and birthday.


Well, I had some fun making this card using a geometric layering stencil.


The stencil I used is the Abstract Patterns stencil from Altenew.  For the first layer I used two hot pinks from Altenew, Fuchsia and Magenta, the latter of which is the darker of the two.  However, after the inks dried, the color difference wasn't markedly different, but that was okay.  Next came Sea Breeze and then for the last layer, I used Jet Black.  I am so smitten with this stencil design, I'm already planning a few birthday cards in different colors for some of the male family members.  This card will probably go to a niece that will like something other than flowers lol!


A fun design deserves a fun rectangle cut, right?  I used MFT's Stitched Modern Rectangle Stax die to cut down the panel, then adhered it to a white base with thin foam tape for just a little bit of dimension.  I decided that bling would get lost in this design, so I used a silver gel pen to add silver dots in the middle of the small black dots.  I also laid the first stencil back over the panel and used the gel pen to trace around the interior of the large magenta circles.  With that complete, the last step was to add a sentiment strip from the Simon Says Stamp/CZ Design Reverse Birthday Sentiment Strips.  Oh, so quick and easy!


These are some fun colors to play with and my fellow design team members have cretaed a stunning variety of cards for your inspiration (link above)!  I hope to see your card in the gallery!  The challenge will remain open until 9 am EST on May 14th.

Take care!

Stef

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Stef, I already named you one of the color gurus of this team...now you are giving Hannelie a run for her money with this fun graphic card. It is absolutely perfect! Well done!

Karen said...

I love graphic, geometric cards and this one is fantastic! I don't think I've ever seen this stencil before, and I'll be checking it out for sure!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun geometric card! This is terrific, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

I know I mentioned on IG how FABULOUS this card is Stef, but I just have to say again how much I love, LOVE this card! That stencil is just perfect for these colors and makes it totally stand out...I am in AWE!!! Wonderful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

The only thing more fun that making this card would be getting it! SO cool and such great bold colors too! Thanks for playing with our Paper Players Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!

Jaydee said...

OK... So I am obsessed with this color scheme and it isn't one I would normally use! Secondly, I love this bold, graphic stencil. Rounding the corners adds to the geometric look of the stencil. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this so much, Stef! That color combo is going into the favorites file, for sure. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

JulieP said...

I love this design!!! So mod and funky and the pops of added black really make this pop!

Cindy Beach said...

You blew me away with this bold geometric design, Stef! I love everything about it! I don't do clean and graphic cards often, but you've inspired me with this one! It is SPOT ON! pun intended. So fun.

Julie B said...

A really fun and funky design Stef, love the retro vibe. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this design, the Abstract stencil is so fun and looks so good in the challenge colours! I think I need to buuy another stencil! lol

cm said...

Apologies for commenting late...again. I need someone to organize me!
Your abstract stencilled card is so.much.fun! What a great way to showcase the challenge colours!
hugs~carol