Sunday, April 16, 2023

Smile for Color Hues

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and this beautiful combo of purple and green is brought to us by the amazing Cindy.  Perfect for spring flowers!  We're also fortunate to have Amanda Mertz as our fabulous guest designer for this challenge.  


I'm also joining the current challenge at Addicted to CAS, where the theme this time is Garden.


I chose to color some pretty violets to use with these colors.


The Gina K Blue Violets are just so pretty and delicate, I really love this stamp.  I chose an orientation in the lower left corner so I could stamp the stems off the bottom of the panel.  I colored them with alcohol markers (listed below), then trimmed down the panel with a Hero Arts Rounded Rectangle die.


Next I used gold paint from the Altenew Metallic Watercolor paints to color the flower centers then added just a light bit of splatter.  The Altenew Vertical Greetings die set had fortuitously just landed in my mailbox, so I die cut one of the sentiments from SSS Matte Gold along with two additional layers of white, adhered them together then onto a white shadow die.  I wrapped some gold twine around the panel to anchor the sentiment, popped it up with thin foam squares then used more foam to add the panel to the card base.  


Now it's your turn!  But first, stop by the challenge blog to be see the amazing cards by the other DT members, they are fabulous!  I hope to see your card in the gallery - you have until 4/28 at 9:00 am to play along.

Take care!

Stef


Copics:  G28, 09, 02; Sketchmarker Brush Pros:  V60, 61, 62, 54

12 comments:

Julie B said...

Those violets look fab and a perfect idea for the colours. Some have self seeded into our gravel and continue to thrive, despite my husband's best efforts! :)

Nancy said...

What a pretty stamp and I love that you added the gold sentiment, twine, and spatters to match. You have a great sense of balance on your cards, Stef! This is really lovely! Have a great day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef your colouring is perfection, makes me smile!

Cindy Beach said...

Amazing coloring, Stef, and I think your bold hues are fabulous! The gold elements make your card so elegant. LOVE those spatters, I need to remember those pretty metallic paints. On my shelves, lol.

cm said...

You've breathed vibrant life into your violets with your amazing colouring. The sentiment works: your beautiful card definitely makes me smile.
~carol

Marcia Hill said...

There is SO much to LOVE about this card Stef!! Your coloring of the violets and all the shading is STUNNING!! I'm loving the design layout of this card too and of course all the little details like the gold flower centers and splattering, and that wonderful die cut sentiment! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

Your violets are exquisite, but that's just one wonderful element of a great design! Love the vertical sentiment, and the placement of the florals. Just gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous, Stef! You've colored those violets to perfection!

Jaydee said...

I love the rich colors of the violets, and the little touch of twine adds fabulous texture without detracting from those gorgeous flowers. So glad you shared this beauty with us at Addicted to CAS this week.
jaydee

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous job with the alcohol markers - loving the light and dark areas. Super fun idea to have the image in the bottom, right corner - unexpected and pretty. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

JulieP said...

Wow! You colored these beautifully!!! I love all of the depth to your image.

!neke said...

Love those flowers !!!!!
groeten Ineke