Sunday, April 16, 2023

Just Because for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and we have a beautiful color board to spark your creativity over the next couple of weeks!


I'm also joining Freshly Made Sketches as I used Cecile's wonderful sketch as inspiration for my card design.


I was really thrilled when I saw our color board with the bright pinks along with the dark green and blue.  


I used one of the images from the Altenew Ambridge Rose stamp and die set.  My card is A2 sized, so you can see how big that flower is.  I used Copic markers to color the flower and leaves (listed below), then cut them out with the coordinating die.  For the background, a piece of Concord and 9th Midnight cardstock was embossed with Altenew's Dreamy Tiles folder.  The paper was so dark it was difficult to see the design, so I lightly swiped over the top with a pad of Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink.


The embossed panel was trimmed down and adhered to the white card base, then the floral image added with foam tape.  The original sentiment was stamped in blue on white cardstock, but I didn't like how it looked, so I opted to white heat emboss on Midnight cardstock this beautiful sentiment form Altenew's Fancy Greeting stamp set.  It was fussy cut, adhered to the top of the rose, then the final step was to add several Pinkfresh Studio Iridescent Clear Drops.


Thanks ever so much for visiting!  Our challenge goes on until the 28th of April, so I hope to see your card in our gallery.  In the meantime, do be sure to head over to the challenge blog as the other DT members have some gorgeous cards to inspire you!

Take care!

Stef


Copics:  RV09, 06, 04, 02, G28, 17, 03

6 comments:

dj said...

I love that dark navy background...in that tiled texture...fantastic!! Beautiful inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "Floral Fragrance" color challenge that begins today!! #SSC307

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous! I think the navy really made that flower pop. Swiping the panel with white was a brilliant idea. Fun colors and I hope to try and play along this week! Fingers crossed!

Lisa Elton said...

The navy background is fantastic! This is a wonderful card, Stef!

Cécile RIBON said...

Great job! I love how the navy background make the rose pop! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Heidi Baks said...

The focus of the bold contrast in colors is so striking!

Annette Elliott said...

What a beautifully colored rose, Stef!!