Friday, April 14, 2023

Rhymes With Birthday!

Hello friends!  Today I have a fun birthday card to share with you that I made for my SIL's birthday last week and it happens to work just perfectly with the new challenge over at Seize the Birthday, where the toppings this time is alcohol.


I found this card to be a tiny bit tedious to make because of all the itsy, bitsy die cut pieces but it humored me so much I just had fun with it!  My card is made from various MFT beverage related die sets listed below, along with the Raise A Glass stamp set.  It became kind of a blended CASE of a few of the MFT design team cards, such as those by Sara Zoppi, Nicky Meeks and Barb Anders, which you can find here.


Hee, hee that sentiment just makes me laugh!  While it's been many, many years since either my SIL or I have gone out for cocktails for our birthdays (I'd rather sit at home and have a glass of wine), I knew she would love the funny greeting.  

To start, the glasses were all die cut from adhesive-backed vellum and all the other pieces were die cut from white card stock. I then proceeded to use my Copic markers to color all the bits before assembling the various cocktails.


For the background panel, I laid out the drinks without adhering them to ensure I had sufficient room then I used a pencil to mark where the top of the "wood" table would be.  Below that, the sentiment was gold heat embossed, then I blended Simon Says Stamp Cadette ink on the upper portion of the background, splattered it with gold metallic and white acrylic ink, and when dry, the strip of Lawn Fawn Woodgrain was adhered and the beverages added on top.  I used glue on the front of a white card base and added the decorated panel.  The final touch was to use a white gel pen to add foam to the beer, bubbles to the colorful drink and salt to the rim of the margarita glass.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by and take a look!

Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


MFT products:  Raise A Glass stamp set; Barware Basics, Long Stem Barware, Garnish and Drink Decor dies

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is fabulous and that greeting certainly put a smile on my face this morning! Your detail to color is incredible, Stef! Your cocktails look spot-on and realistic! Awesome, Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Barbara said...

It may have been tedious, but it is splendid and a wonderful way to do this challenge and have a great card for your sister-in-law. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday, I always enjoy your cards.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card, Stephanie! That sentiment makes me chuckle too 😄
I love how you cut the glasses from vellum. Tedious it may have all been, but definitely worth it! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

Carol said...

Love your colors, coloring, and the cocktail accessories so much! Fabulous card!!!!!!