Tuesday, April 4, 2023

So Grateful for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's a new month and The Flower Challenge is ready with a new challenge for you.  This month we are focusing on background stamping, using flowers for the main images, as always.


For my card, I used a background stamp from a Hero Arts My Monthly Kit from last year at this time.


The kit came with the stamp plus a matching stencil set and some dies for specific images.  I stamped the image on white with Versamark Clair Nocturne pigment ink.  After the ink dried I used the stencil with Altenew inks in the colors Chamomile, Snapdragon, Marigold, Lime, Fresh Leaf and Deep Iris.  I wanted all the images to pop a bit more, so I used a BG000 Copic marker to color the background and used Y15 and Y11 markers to color the bees since the stencils only colored the flowers and leaves.


Next I made a shaped card using the largest Simon Says Stamp Chunky A2 Scallop Rectangle die.  Two panels of #110 Neenah Solar White were die cut, then I scored one towards the top to create a hinge and adhered them together above the score line.  The floral panel was trimmed down, mounted on a slightly larger black panel, then adhered directly to the card base.  Before securing the die cut sentiment (from Altenew's Essentials Sentiment Strips dies), I painted the wings of the bees with a Tonic Nuvo aqua shimmer pen.  The last thing to do was to add just a few clear sequins.


Okay, so now it's over to YOU!  Dust off those neglected floral background stamps or maybe just use a repetitive pattern with a single stamp.  Either way, we'd love to see you in the gallery this month!  Do be sure to pop over to the challenge blog - the team has some beautiful inspiration awaiting you!

Take care!

Stef


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is sunny and lovely! It just makes me smile!

Bobby said...

Your stenciling is beautiful and so is the Copic colored background, Stef. I'd be afraid I'd ruin the card by doing that but it really does make the flowers pop.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Stef, love this background stamp from hero art. Yes I have it, no I haven't used it yet, my bad. Thanks for the reminder xx hugs Aileen

TaeEun said...

That is a cheerful and pretty Spring-y card, Stef! The scalloped edge adds even more happy look to your card!