Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Cheers My Deers for Christmas Craft Creations

 Hello and welcome!  It's time for our reminder post at Christmas Craft Creations and this month were celebrating the holidays with a bit of humor!


It's also our 3rd birthday and there are prizes to be won by those who play along, so head over and check it out!

For my card, I went with a clever and fun stamp set from Art Impressions called Cheers My Deers.



These two gals are so funny in their antler hats, and from their faces, obviously they are humored by them as well!  Started by Copic coloring the images then using the matching die to cut them out.  The sentiment was stamped in black pigment ink then die cut with an Essential Oval die from Ellen Hutson.  The dies not only cut the shape, they also cut a frame, so I cut it a second time and added a frame that I'd colored with one of my RV markers.


Having decided to make this a mini-slimline card, I cut a panel of Tim Holtz Distress White Heavystock and ink blended Altenew's Dew Drop and Aqualicious inks on the panel.  Next the Winter Tree dies from MFT were used to cut three trees and were adhered to the panel.  The snowbank was die cut using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die, then added to the panel with thin foam tape, trimming off all the excess before adhering directly to the white card base.  The gal's images were die cut twice more from white cardstock, then layered together before adhering to the card front.  I then added "snow" by splattering Picket Fence Distress paint and when that dried, the sentiment was adhered with a bit of foam tape.


Since I was already making one card, I decided to make a second, using different colors for the apparel and creating a regular A2 card.  You'll have to let me know which you like better.


It would be wonderful if you would join us this month, adding to your Christmas card stash and possibly winning a prize as well!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards from both the launch and reminder teams and hopefully decide to play along!  The challenge is open until 11am MDT.

Cheers!

Stef


2 comments:

Kristin Sluhan said...

OMG...I'm buying this set right away! I love the the bright colors and the coloring is perfection! I'm also heading over to check out this challenge blog, never to early to start with Christmas cards.... Thanks so much for visiting my blog...

Carol said...

You had me at Aqualicious! This card is so fun and well done Stef! The ladies are so funny and the scene really looks like winter! Love it!