Sunday, April 2, 2023

A Little Note for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time Deb has given us a fabulous sketch to play with!  I do hope you're inspired to join us!


I used this sketch as a reason to dig into my patterned paper stash and see what I could put together.


As I was flipping through my patterned paper pads, I found some bright and colorful papers that I'd received as part of a Crop and Create online weekend retreat last year.  They're from Elle's Studio and I chose two sheets to use.  Then it was deciding what to add to the three squares and I found the two white Simon Says Stamp Leanna Butterflies already die cut and tucked in with the dies, so boom!  My card was coming together quickly!


The colorful graphic paper was die cut with a Hero Arts rectangle die then layered onto a slightly larger panel of SSS Soft Navy cardstock.  The yellow polka dot paper was die cut three times with a Pink & Main Layered Square die, then I die cut six more from white and layered two each under a yellow polka dot square.  Before adhering to the background, the sentiment from the SSS Beautiful Butterflies stamp set was stamped in Versafine Clair Blue Bell pigment ink directly on one of the squares.  Next, the panel was wrapped with retired Crushed Curry Baker's Twine from Stampin' Up, then added to the white card base with thin foam tape.  Lastly, the two butterflies were glued to the other squares and topped with an Altenew Glacier Caves enamel dot.


What will you make with this fun sketch?  For more inspiration be sure to head over to the challenge blog and check out the clever variety of ways the design team used this sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!  Take care!

Stef

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great take on the sketch, Stef, this is fun!

dj said...

Fantastic inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! I am loving your bright springy colors and those die cute butterflies are awesome!! #SSC306

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Stef - the brightly coloured background paper showcases your swirly butterfly diecuts and fun font beautifully. Such a cheery card!

Heidi Baks said...

Oooh I like the idea of a center sentiment, flanked by beautiful butterflies. Nice interpretation of the sketch!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love this colorful card. That background paper is so FUN and your little white butterflies are beautiful! This card makes me smile!