Saturday, April 15, 2023

Just A Note for The Flower Challenge

Hello, my friends!  The middle of the month harkens our reminder post for The Flower Challenge!  This month we are focusing on the background.


And since I'm using a stencil for my card background, I'm playing along with the Anything Goes stencil challenge at Happy Little Stampers.


I was pleased that my order from Honey Bee Stamps arrived just prior to my card making session for my reminder card, so I was able to use the beautiful Folk Art Daisy Stencils.


I started by stenciling the five layers on a panel of white Hammermill, using a number of Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks (listed below), adding darker shades at the leaf and petal bases, then I used the lightest shade of purple to ink blend around the entire edge of the panel.  I saw this design with the die cut frame in a video by Nina-Marie Trapani here and thought it was a wonderful way to add interest to the panel.  


I used the larger of the two rectangle dies to cut out the panel, then used the smaller to create the frame.  The outer portion was then adhered directly to an A2 card base, then the frame added with foam tape and the interior adhered flat in the middle.  I wanted the die cut sentiment (from Memory Box) to match the colors in the card, so I used the Amethyst ink pad directly on a scrap of white paper, dried it completely with my heat tool, then die cut the sentiment from it and two additional layers of white.  They were glued together, adhered to the vellum shadow, then added to the card front along with two vellum sprigs die cut from the Alex Syberia Designs Classic Foliage die set.  I tried adding some bling but they were lost against the busy pattern, so I opted not to and called it done!


I do hope you'll join us this month! The challenge is open until the 25th of the month and be sure to stop by the blog (linked above) for some amazing inspiration by the endlessly talented design team!

Take care!  

Stef

SSS ink pad colors:  Lilac, Orchid, Amethyst, Lemonade, Sunbeam, Citrine, Spring, Dublin, Lucky and Mocha.

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful spring colors! Very pretty, Stef!

Bobby said...

I love how you added the frame for dimension on your beautiful card, Stef.