Thursday, August 5, 2021

Happy Fall for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week the lovely Claire has brought us this terrific board.


For my card, I went down the left side column - sunflower, embellishment, yellow.

I'm also joining the current Addicted to Stamps Challenge, where the theme is make your mark.




I love sunflowers and all the colors of fall, so this card makes me very happy!  Before I started coloring the large sunflower and leaf image, I went through my patterned papers and found this fun plaid with just the perfect colors.  I stamped the main image and also stamped two additional sunflowers with the intent of popping them up with foam tape.  I colored everything with Copic markers, and I'm not going to lie, it took quite a while.  But what fun and I love the results.  Rather than leave the background and edges white, I decided to color it with a light blue-green marker, then I used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I ended up fussy cutting the two extra sunflowers so they would fit seamlessly on top.


The stamp set has a very large thanks stamp and matching die but I didn't want to use it and cover up all the images, so I went searching through my stamp sets for just the right sentiment.  It was stamped in brown pigment ink then die cut.  Due to the size of the image, I made this a mini slimline card measuring 6.25"x 3.25". I used a mini slimline stitched rectangle die to cut the patterned paper and adhered it directly to the card base.

To give dimension to the base image, I die cut it three times from inexpensive heavy weight white card stock, adhered all the layers together then glued it to the card front.  The two sunflowers were added using thin foam squares, as was the sentiment.  A few antique gold sequins and some gold gel pen dots in the flower centers finished things off. 


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully play along with us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Big Thanks Autumn (Simon Says Stamp), Jack-O-Lantern (sentiment, Colorado Craft Co.)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Accent Opaque Digital white (Amazon), Plaid Tidings patterned paper (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  Big Thanks Autumn dies, Featured Sentiment die (Altenew), Mini Slimline Essential Bundle Stitched Rectangle die (Pinkfresh Studio), Satin Antique Gold sequins (Altenew), Gold gel pen (Marvy)
Copics:  [G28, YG45, 41] [G46, YG17, 13, 11] [R59, 46, 27, 05] [R08, YR16, 15, 21] [YR24, Y19, 15, 13] [E79, 29, 39] [V09, 06, 01] [E33, 31, 30] BG 000

No comments: