Sunday, August 22, 2021

Home Sweet Home for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps and we're using one that I created. I hope you like it and are inspired to come play along with us!


For my card, I used another of the stamps illustrated by Anita Jeram.  I think I am rather obsessed with this line of stamps lol! And I still have a few that are waiting to be inked up!


This was such fun to color.  I love the English cottage look and the cute cats and doggie in the window.  Using my Copic markers I started with the gray cottage.  When coloring such a large area, it's hard to avoid lines, which is just the nature of alcohol markers.  So, to hide the lines, I used some colorless blender on an old washcloth and dabbed it over the entire background to give it a nice texture.  Once that dried I could go about coloring the remainder of the scene.


With the coloring complete, I trimmed down the panel to fit on a slightly larger piece of white cardstock, then layered that on a piece of green cardstock.  Foam tape was then used to adhere it to the Fog card base.  I used a white gel pen to add stripes to one of the flower pots and polka dots to the curtain in the window.  I tried to add a sentiment but nothing seemed to work without covering up some part of the scene that I didn't want covered, so I ended up putting it on the interior and stamping two flower pots that are stand alone stamps in the set.


And that finished things off!


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to see what beautiful designs the other DT members created with the sketch and hopefully join us for this challenge!

Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Home Sweet Home (Colorado Craft Company/Anita Jeram)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Fog (Simon Says Stamp), Evergreen (Concord & 9th)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  A7 Layers Rectangle die, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copic Markers:  
Cottage:  W5, 3, 1, Colorless Blender
Wood Door and Stool:  E29, 37, 35, 33, YR24, 23, Y15, 13
Awning and flower pot leaves:  G28, YG45, G21
Grass:  YG67, 17
Pots and curtain:  B39, 26, 24, 21
Kitty by door:  T8, 6, 2, 0
Kitty on stool: YR18, 14, 31
Dog: YR 21, 23, 24

2 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Nora Noll said...

This little scene is is so cute!! I love your coloring. The house looks so real!!!