Thursday, August 19, 2021

Tessie the Teacher for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge and this week I have come up with this fun board to hopefully spark your imagination!  


My card actually covers a number of the rows and columns in the tttc challenge but my initial choice was the left column (blue, globe, books).

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is to Add A Sentiment and Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.


My card is all about cheering on the teachers as they head back to school!


I've actually had this Tessie the Teacher stamp from Stamping Bella for over a year but never had a chance to use it until now.  However, on my recent visit to their website, it appears it's been retired, so I'm happy I got it when I did.  I stamped the image and set out to color it with Copic markers.  Initially, I wasn't going to create a background but decided it really needed it, so I used my T Square ruler and drew a couple lines to create the floor and the wallboard, leaving it very simple as the image itself has a lot of small details.


With the coloring complete, I used a deckled edge rectangle die to trim down the panel and added it to the red card base with fun foam.  To complete the card, the sentiment, also from the same stamp set, was stamped in black pigment ink, die cut and mounted on the panel with thin foam squares.  I thought the main image was busy enough embellishments weren't necessary.  


Thanks for the visit, I always appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members, and hopefully be inspired to play along with us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Uptown Girl Tessie the Teacher (SB)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Deckled Frames die (Waffle Flower), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Marvy gold gel pen, Copic markers

3 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The beautiful bright colours you've used are so eye-catching, Stef; this is a stunning card! I love that you gave perspective, and grounding, to the image by creating a wall and (what we call) a skirting board. The deckled rectangle was a great choice, for cutting your focal panel.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day. x

Nora Noll said...

This is awesome!! I LOVE your scene and the coloring is amazing!!! Fabulous card design.

Helen said...

A great card Stef!! Your colouring and design makes it wonderfully eye-catching. As a teacher, I know it would certainly make my day!! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!! Stay safe! 🙂