Wednesday, August 18, 2021

No Words

Hello and welcome!  I have a card to share that I made for the challenge at Just Us Girls, where we are to use only black and white.


I'm also linking this up to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme is "Add a Sentiment".

This is my second post today.  If you're looking for my Birthday Bear card you can scroll down after this post or find it here.

I love to color so it was fun to challenge myself to make a card without it.  And the card came together much more quickly!


I decided to use one of my newer favorites from Altenew, the Tree Peony build a flower stamp set.  All the images were stamped twice and die cut with the coordinating dies.  Next I die cut the Diamond Frame cover die twice from white cardstock, mostly for stability, layered them together and adhered to the black panel.  Once that was done, I determined the layout I wanted with the die cut images, stuck them together with some Press and Seal, then used a combination of glue and foam squares to adhere the bouquet to the card front.


The sentiment is from the same stamp set and it was white heat embossed on black cardstock, trimmed down then added on top of the one flower with thin foam squares.  I debated about adding the white enamel dots but in the end I felt it needed that little something extra to complete the look.


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it.  Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Build-A-Flower: Tree Peony (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other:  Tree Peony matching dies, Diamond Frame Cover Die (Altenew), Essential B&W Enamel dots (Altenew), Fine Detail White embossing powder (Simon Says Stamp)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I bet it was a bit hard for you not to whip out those markers and color this. Perhaps you can remake the entire layout and color it as I think it would be a stunner! I agree the enamel dots finished it off! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.