Thursday, August 5, 2021

Let's Connect

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well!  Today I have a fun card to share that I made using the colors from the current Color Hues challenge.


When I first spied this challenge I was all set to do my normal, e.g. color some sort of floral image (lord knows, I have enough of those stamp sets lol!).  However, I decided to go a bit outside the box for me and use this absolutely cute die that needed some love. Well, actually three dies that did....


When I landed on the idea of creating this phone, it had to be yellow, just like that one from my youth, although ours was a wall phone.  Still, having grown up with a dial phone, this die set stole my heart!  I started by die cutting the phone handle and base once from yellow and two more times from white for some dimension.  Before adhering the layers, I used a bit of Fossilized Amber Distress ink around all the edges of the top layer to give it a bit of roundness to the pieces.  The dial was cut once from white cardstock.  

Next, the sentiments were all die cut from Polished Pink cardstock, which is one of the new In Colors from Stampin' Up.  The "let's connect" die was used two more times to cut from white cardstock and layered up for dimension.


Before putting the card together I created a background using a light yellow cardstock stenciled with white pigment ink dots.  I let that dry, trimmed it down and adhered directly to the white card base.  Then I positioned all the pieces for spacing, adhering them all down with liquid glue.  Using the hello die for the cord is not an original idea, I saw Daniel West use it on his card here, plus I've seen others on Pinterest and other places.  But I had to do it because I think it's so clever!  With everything adhered, my card was finished.  It will be going to a special friend back in Portland of a "similar" age who will get a kick out of it.


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  

My post for the Tic Tac Toe challenge went live today at noon, so if you're interested you can check it out here.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  none
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight and Polished Pink (SU), Lemon Chiffon (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Fossilized Amber Distress, Sharktooth White Pigment (Ink on 3)
Other:  Dial Phone, Let's Connect and Hello Beautiful Gorgeous dies (SSS), Wonky Dots Stencil (MFT)

5 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love that you used this adorable phone die! So cute in these colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Stef, this is adorable! I love how you've used the challenge colours, and the "hello" as the phone cord. The soft stencilled background is so pretty. A great, nostalgic, card, my friend!

Nancy said...

Love that the color of the challenge sparked this card which in turn reminded you of your childhood phone. What is it about a rotary phone that is just so cute! I especially like the cord spells out hello! Such a great job with our challenge, Stef! Thanks for joining the fun at Color Hues!

samanthadesigns said...

Such a fun card! Love that you went out of your comfort zone.

Cindy Beach said...

So cute, creative and colorful! Love this, Stef!