Sunday, August 22, 2021

Best Wishes

Hello and welcome! I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy.  Today I'm sharing a card made for the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is to "Add A Sentiment".  

(This is my 2nd post today.  If you're here to see my DT post for Sunday Stamps you can find it here.)

I really loved Jen's sketch but as I was making my card, I forgot the sketch was a square and made my card an A2 size.  


I've had this pretty succulent stamp for a few weeks and thought it would work well with the sketch.  It's a large stamp so I was able to flip it around and get different looks for each corner.  A muted color combination seemed most appropriate for these succulents so I went with very desaturated green, blue-green and violet colors for my Copic coloring.  The lightest of the BG colors was barely visable after coloring, so I took one of the lightest violets and went around all the edges of the large succulents.  Unfortunately, it's hard to see in the photo but in real life it looks pretty.  Then I used a BG0000 to create a light halo around all the succulents.


Next I trimmed down the panel to 4" x 5.25", stamped the sentiment with black pigment ink, layered 4 pieces of inexpensive white cardstock on the back to provide some dimension, then adhered it to the white card base.  Three iridescent sequins finished things off.


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it.  Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Elegant Succulent Sentiments (Memory Box Open Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Accent
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Sequins from my stash
Copics:  BG18, 72, 70, 0000, V95, 93, 91, G28, 24, 21, 20

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how you colored the images. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

samanthadesigns said...

Beautiful work!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty and your coloring is spot on! Glad you joined us at FMS!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, Steph!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you partially stamped the corners! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous Stef! I love those flowers and the colours are so beautiful! I totally love this take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.