Sunday, July 25, 2021

Just Because for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well!  It's time for a new Sunday Stamps challenge and Melissa has given us this fabulous sketch to play with.


I'm also sharing this over at Addicted to Stamps and More where the current theme is to use die cuts and/or stencils.


And finally, I'm joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme this week is "out with the old and in with the new", so we are to use something old that has been in our stash forever and something new or unused.  My card definitely has both those elements!

And by the way, thank you to Simon Says Stamp for the $25 gift certificate that I won as a result of my Sweet Friend card being the random pick for the Emboss It challenge!  Happy dance!! It will definitely be put to good use ha, ha.

Now onto my card...


I began by choosing some patterned paper from my stash (the "old" thing) that drove the color scheme for my floral image (the "unused" thing). I love purple/lavender and orange together so this paper is a lovely pastel mix of that with a wee bit of light green thrown in.  I have to laugh because paper crafting has opened my eyes and my mind to all sorts of colors and mixes of colors that I never would have come to love without this wonderful hobby. 

As is my normal fashion, I used Copic markers to color the floral image, deciding to make light orange the predominate color for the big blooms.  When the coloring was complete, the image was cut with the coordinating die. 


To put the card together I started by using a rounded rectangle die to cut out the plaid panel, then adhered it directly to the white card base.  A scrap of light green cardstock was trimmed down, cut in two, then adhered to the white strips, then added to the card front.  The lavender circle was die cut and glued to the slightly larger white circle, then popped up on the card front with foam tape. The floral image was adhered directly to the circle, then the die cut sentiment added with thin foam tape.  And that finished things off!


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above for the Sunday Stamps challenge and check out all the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully are inspired to join us!

Stef


Stamps:  Best Friend Ever (SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Lavender (SSS), Sprout (Concord & 9th), Plaid Patterns 6x6 paper pad (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Best Friend Ever die, Essential Sentiment Strips die (Altenew), Nested Infinity Rounded Rectangle die and Nested Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts)
Copics:  YR16, Y38, 35, 21, 08, BV04, 02, 000, YG67, 17, 05, 03

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE that plaid paper and your coloring is amazing. Your take on all these challenges are amazing!!

Heidi Baks said...

This is so beautiful, Stef! I love the soft pastels colors with the bold black sentiment that stands out. Very crisp design.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch and I love how you pulled your colours from the lovely paper. Such a gorgeous flower image too!

Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Annette Elliott said...

Another beautifully colored project where the flower just pops off the page! So pretty, Stef!