Sunday, August 8, 2021

Birthday Silhouette for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends, welcome back!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps!  This time we're bringing you vibrant color choices for our latest color challenge!

I'm also playing along with the current Seize the Birthday challenge with the "toppings" choice of adding stripes.



For my card I used three of the colors (purple, red and orange) from the SSC board to create stripes or bands of color across the sky behind my silhouette scene.


To create the background, I started by scribbling 3 Tombow markers in the challenge colors on a plastic pallet.  A panel of Fabriano Artistico watercolor paper was then adhered to a board, covered in clear water then I used a paint brush to drop in the colors starting with the orange then adding the other two, blending them as I went.  I really wanted vibrant colors and the Tombows worked beautifully for that, although the purple didn't come out quite a bright as I hoped.


I let the panel dry overnight then stamped the floral and butterfly silhouette image with pigment ink and clear heat embossing it.  I have "issues" with black embossing powder so this is my method of embossing something black 😆.  I let that cool, then splattered the panel with black ink spray and white gouache.  When the splatter dried the panel was die cut and mounted on a black layer, then added to the white card front with foam tape.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on black, die cut with the coordinating die and adhered to the panel with thin foam squares.  I opted not to add any sequins or gems.


Thanks for taking time to visit, I always appreciate it!  Be sure to head over to the SSC blog to check out all the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to play along with us!

Stef


Stamps:  Silhouette Sentiments (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Fabriano Artistico Extra White watercolor
Ink:  Verafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark, Tombow markers
Other:  Elegant Rectangle Stax dies (MFT), Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear embossing powder, SSS Fine Detail white embossing powder, white gouache, Jet Black Ink Spray (Altenew)

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful background for your silhouette image. Love the colors. The splatters, they really add to the design. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Cathy said...

Love these colours Stef, the black silhouette really pops against them. I use clear ep on black ink too! Pretty framing too, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x