Thursday, July 2, 2020

Awesome for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Hello friends and welcome back!  I have some exciting news to share!  I have been asked to join the Design Team at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!  I am thrilled to be a part of this immensly talented group of card makers! If you're not familiar with this challenge, you must use the link below and check it out!  Every week there is a new challenge filled with great inspiration to get your creative juices flowing.

This week, the lovely Jeanne is hosting and here is her fun challenge:



I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is something bright and cheerful. I think my card definitely qualifies with all the happy colors!

For my card, I went across the middle with flowers (no surprise!), stripes and stencil.  This card is composed of lots of bits that I had previously made and stashed away so it really cut down on the time to make it.


I almost always start by choosing my stamp set, then building the rest of the card.  Low and behold, in the set I decided to use there was this lovely flower all colored up with Copic markers and die cut, so all I had to do was stamp, color and die cut the leaves.  Next, for the background I searched my stash and found a panel already ink blended with Distress Inks that happened to match the flower beautifully!  I pulled out a stripe stencil and went over the panel with the same inks, splattered it with water and when dry, sprayed it with shimmer spray and splattered it with a pearl metallic acrylic paint.


When the panel dried, it was trimmed down and adhered to the scallop rectangle die, then added to the card base.  I decided on the sentiment stamp set I wanted to use and there was the sentiment already stamped and heat embossed with clear ep! Wow!  Happy dance!  I had to cut it in half to have it fit on the panel along with the floral image but I was pretty stoked to put together a card composed mainly of "found" elements LOL!  The final touch was to add a few sparkling sequins.


Thank you so much for visiting, it's always greatly appreciated!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the rest of the DT and join us for tttc071 this week!

Stef


Stamps:  More Spring Flowers (Simon Says Stamp), Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment), Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade Distress inks
Other:  More Spring Flowers matching dies, A2 Scallop Rectangle die (Honey Bee), Tsukineko Sparkling Sheer Shimmer Spray, Ranger Pearl Metallic Acrylic Paint, Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen, Sparkling Clear sequins (PPP)
Copic markers:  RV09, 25, 23, 21, BG49, 15, 11, YG67, 17, 03

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card Stef - I love the background in particular. Now to see if I can create something similar! So thrilled you are joining us at TTT - we are delighted to have you!

JoAnn said...

Wow, you found a lot of gorgeous elements all ready for your beautiful card. Love the pretty colors and the beautiful flower. TFS

Cathy said...

Congratulations Stef! Your card is gorgeous, love the background and it's perfect with that pretty bloom, Cathy x

Annie S. said...

Score! Your flower and background are perfect together and make for one gorgeous card. It's so fun to find elements ready to go!

Colleen said...

I can't believe these items were just waiting for your to use! what a blessing and what a beautiful card too! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Lin said...

LOVE the colors, so summery, Stef! This is a great entry for our Bright and Cheerful challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Cindy Beach said...

This card is a stunner, Stef! Right up my alley with those gorgeous colors and backdrop of stripes. And of course, the beautiful colored florals. I always love the ideas you come up with!

Christine Blain said...

That background is heavenly, Stef! I'm impressed that you have such beautiful finds in your "unfinished bits" box. I either have scraps of plain card, or I throw everything away if I'm not using it! LOL.