Sunday, July 26, 2020

Balloon Birthday for The Paper Players

It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  The lovely Anne Marie is hosting our sketch challenge this week and has given us a great one with which to spark our creativity!


For my card, I started by stamping the Balloon Bundle image on a sheet of white card.  It was actually small enough that I was able to stamp it twice on a single A2 panel, then trimmed it down for my main image on this card.


I decided on a color palette of purple, lime green and blue green.  This is one of my favorites and I think it can be used for either gender.  The balloons were colored with Copic markers and then I added crystal glaze to make them shiny.  What I forgot was that I had intended to die cut them and pop them up on an ink blended panel but oops!  Even after the glaze dried, I was worried it might get marred in the die cutting process so I went with a slightly different design option.


Next I used a stripe stencil to ink blend Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink on a panel of Bristol, then trimmed it down to fit an A2 card at an angle.  I was rather dismayed when I edited my photos to find the bright green looks more like dull sand and I wasn't able to make adjustments to fix it without affecting the other colors (downside of using a free photo editing service - limited options).  But trust me, IRL it looks bright and cheery.  A panel of Peacock card was die cut with a fancy cover die, then sprayed with shimmer spray.  When dry all the layers were added to the card base, then I stamped a sentiment, added it to a green banner then popped it onto the balloon panel. 


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to head over to the challenge to check out the fabulous creations by the other DT members and hopefully join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Balloon Bundle (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Peacock (SSS), Rich Razzleberry (SU), Koh-I-Noor Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Papel Picado Confetti cover die (HA), Sparkling Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray, Slimline Stencil (Trinity Stamps), Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Copics:  V09, 17, 15, 12, YG25, 23, 01, 00, BG78, 49, 15, 11

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Those balloons are AMAZING! What a cool palette, and your coloring is stunning...of course! Love that diecut background too...what a fun creation!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I love this unexpected color combo - it really is so rich and deep. As always, fabulous coloring job! I love the background die, too. Way to rock the sketch!
hugs
jaydee

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Your balloons are just remarkable, Stef! They look ready to pop off the paper. Wow! And the design and colors you've picked are just great. LOVE!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, I love this color combo! SO pretty and festive! I love that fabulous background, too! You made me smile!

Ann Schach said...

Your coloring on these balloons is amazing, Stef! The fancy cover die is gorgeous. What a perfect card for brightening someone's special day!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those bold colours Stef and your perfectly co-ordinated card; great direct detail on the background layer too. Nothing screams birthday like balloons!

Anne Marie Hile said...

That balloon bouquet is stunning and I love the color combo you used, too. The background layers adds awesome detail.