Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Sweater Weather

Hello friends and welcome back!  I have a card to share that I made for the current Just Us Girls challenge.


I have made only a few slimline, or long and skinny cards, but I've found they're great for creating a scene card.  Although we're in the midst of Summer right now, I wanted to use a cute stamp set I recently acquired, Sweater Weather from MFT.


I love those woodland creatures all wrapped up in their sweaters, some holding their coffee cups!  I started by creating a background on Bristol paper, using a scene builder stamp with the trees, bushes and hills.  It was made to use on an A2 card so I just used a sepia Micron pen to extend the hills all the way across the panel.  Next the sky and the ground were ink blended with Distress Inks.  Then I was able to plan my scene with the various critters.  I actually pulled the two squirrels and the log from another MFT stamp set to fill out the scene.  All the critters were stamped, colored with Copic markers and die cut with coordinating dies.  Because the coloring so obscured the bear's eyes, I used a black glaze pen to make them visible.


Back to the panel, I used Copic markers to color the trees, then lined the panel up in my Misti to stamp the sentiment.  After adhering the panel to the card base, All the animals were adhered either with liquid adhesive or foam tape.  I LOVE how this turned out, it just makes me chuckle every time I look at it!  And of course it will be perfect to send to one of my girl friends in Oregon who was always the organizer for activities for our group of friends there!


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you'll come back by tomorrow afternoon when I will have my DT card for the new Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  BB Sweater Weather, BB Fall Friends, SY-08 Scene Builder (all MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Cajun Craze, Koh-I-Noor Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Versafine Clair Pinecone (sentiment), Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks
Other:  Coordinating dies, Micron 05 Sepia pen, Sakura Black Glaze pen
Copics:  E79, 77, 74, 59, 57, 55, 49, 47, 44, 43, 37, 35, 33, 31, 30, 19, YR21, 18, 14, 12, 07, 04, YG99, 97, 95, 93, T8, 6, 4, W5, 3, 1, 0, RV99, 69, 39, 37, R85, 83, 81

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

SO CUTE! Your colors [and coloring] are amazing -- fabulous card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Christine Blain said...

Adorable! Your colouring is out-of-this-world good, Stef. Gorgeous card.

Jaydee said...

Oh my goodness. I am in love with this card. What a party. Such a wonderful scene, Stef and, as always, beautifully colored.
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beyond adorable Stef - your little autumn scene is fabulous!