Friday, July 17, 2020

Big Birthday Wishes

Hi friends, welcome back! Today I'm sharing a fun card made for a grand niece and linking it up to the current challenge at Seize the Birthday, where the toppings option is to use a non-neutral card base.


I love large sentiments and MFT's most recent release was all about birthdays, including a really cool sentiment die.  So, it came home to my craft room along with a few other goodies and with a couple of them I made this card.


To start with, I used a large balloon stencil for the background, ink blending it with Distress Inks on a panel of Bristol.  When done, it was die cut with the Big Birthday Wishes die.  Initially I was going to make a shaker card but I realized I didn't have enough sequins in the right colors, so I went with plan B and decided to pop up the die cut sentiment.


The ink blended panel sans die cut letters was adhered to the bright pink card base.  Next I die cut some Fun Foam with the same sentiment die and adhered the ink blended sentiment die cuts to the Fun Foam letters, then glued them to the card base.  It look pretty cool but then I had the bright idea to use a shimmer pen to add a glittery look.  Oops, big mistake as the shimmer pen is water based and thus reactivated the inks, smearing them.  I was beside myself for not thinking that through.  Then I realized I had some purple glitter paper that would work with the ink colors, so those die cut pieces were adhered on top.  Oh, yes, lots of dimension LOL!  But it worked out, saving my card.  The last thing was to add some sparkling clear sequins.  I'm sure I'll have to add extra postage when we mail this card!


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  Stay safe and healthy friends!

Stef


Stamps: None
Paper:  Strathmore Bristol, Doll Pink (Simon Says Stamp), 6x6 Glitter Assortment Paper Pack (SSS)
Ink:  Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet Distress Inks
Other:  Big Balloon stencil and Big Birthday Wishes die (MFT), Sparkling Clear sequins (PPP)

3 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! I am LOVING that large, glitter sentiment!!

Christine Blain said...

This is gorgeous, Stef! You'd never know it was saved from certain disaster; you're a pro at this crafting thing, LOL. Love the big, bold letters, the sparkle, the colours, the balloons ... well, all of it. So pretty.

Ashwini Rao said...

I guess that mistake turned out to be a blessing in disguise! Because this has turned out to be a fantastic card!! Love the balloons in the background and especially love the big glittery sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!