Sunday, July 19, 2020

Celebrating Summer for The Paper Players

It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  It's a rather special and notable one as it is our 500th challenge!  Wow! The lovely Jaydee is hosting our CAS week with a Celebration theme.



What do we mean by Clean and Simple?

Minimal layers and embellishments
Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
Simple and uncluttered


I'm also linking up to the current challenge at Sunday Stamps where the colors are bold and vibrant!


For my card, I went uber CAS with a one layer (rare for me) in celebration of Summer!  We are definitely hitting our summer stride here in Idaho with temps in the high 90's and low 100's all week! Thank goodness for AC!


I recently acquired this darling stamp set with gnome buddies enjoying summer and thought this guy would be perfect for my one layer card.  He and the sentiment were stamped on a panel of white card and the gnome was colored with Copic markers.  I think that beach ball is so cute and I love his polka dot shorts!


For the sand I used a variety of browns, dotting the darkest two to create some texture, then came in with a warm gray to add more shadow beneath him.  With the coloring done, the panel was adhered directly onto a white card base.  Although you can't tell in the picture, I used some crystal glaze to go over the glasses and the beach ball, so they would be shiny. ;-) And that was it!  Like I said, uber CAS!  I'll probably end up sending this to my nephew and his wife just for a fun hello, I know they'll get a kick out of it as they are enjoying hot Summer weather where they live.


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the fab CAS cards by the other DT members and I hope you'll join our Celebration this week!

Stay safe and stay healthy, my friends!

Stef


Stamps:  Chillin' Gnomes (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam
Other:  Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Copics:  B16, 04, 02, YG17, 03, 01, R24, 14, Y26, 08, 04, YR07, 16, W3, 1, C7, 5, 3, E79, 77, 57, 55, 53, 51, 13, 11, 01

13 comments:

Ann Schach said...

An absolutely fabulous one-layer card, Stef! Your coloring on this adorable image is PERFECT! You nailed this clean and simple challenge for sure!!!

Heather said...

Wow, this little guy leaps off the page! Your coloring is so stunning, and I'm happy to see someone getting some beach time, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

laurie said...

LOL!! Thats so cute..what a fun card!

dorsetdawndesigns said...

He is super cute

Nora Noll said...

Oh my goodness how CUTE is this? I LOVE your coloring on this card. This is adorable!!

LeAnne said...

I could not WAIT to comment on this card...soooooo stinkin' cute! Your coloring is incredible! He makes me feel a tiny bit cooler....but it's still hot here!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So cute - a perfectly coloured CAS card! Love it!! Hope you are keeping cool as the temperatures soar in your part of the world Stef!

Linda Callahan said...

This card makes me smile! Your beach bum is adorable and perfectly colored!

Jaydee said...

Stef, this fabulous CAS - and beautifully colored - card me so happy! Honestly, that gnome is the BEST. We have also been dealing with temps in the high 90s with high humidity and are very grateful for AC. So glad you were guest designing with us and could share in the fun of our 500th challenge
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, that little beach bum makes me so happy! I wish I could join him! Your coloring is amazing! CAS perfection! Have a great weekend!

Allisa said...

Super cute image and your coloring is awesome as always!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Duuuuudddeeee - what a totally awesome card!! Love that little guy just chillaxin' on the beach!! Great job! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Surf's up, dude! Such a stinking cute card, Stef. As always, your coloring is perfection!