Monday, July 6, 2020

Cheer & Joy for the SCS Color Challenge

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Jeanne is hosting this week and has chosen Balmy Blue, Soft Seafoam and Coastal Cabana for her colors with the dessert option of Christmas in July.  Actually, with the exception of next week when we celebrate our 800th (!) challenge, we will be doing Christmas in July all month long.

For my card I decided to do an ink blended panel with these lovely cool colors, then use silver for the sentiment and snowflakes, and also as an accent.


I used Distress Inks in colors similar to those of the challenge and a blending brush to get a very softly colored panel.  IRL you can see the subtle color differentiation but unfortunately it is not very obvious in my photos.  I let the panel dry overnight then heat embossed the sentiment and snowflakes in silver embossing powder.


Next I decided to step things up a bit since the card looked pretty plain and used silver metallic paint to rim the panel and add a bit of splatter.  Once dried the panel was popped up on the white card base with foam tape.  I considered trying to add some sequins but decided to keep it simple so when the holidays roll around it will be easy to mail.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much.  I hope you'll use the link above to check out the challenge and hopefully play along.  It's never too early to add to your holiday card stash!

Stef


Stamps:  Holiday Greetings Mix 1 (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versamark, Speckled Egg, Cracked Pistaschio and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks
Other:  Silver ep (Hero Arts), Nested Infinity Rounded Rectangle die, Fintec Pearlescent Colors metallic watercolor paint,


No comments: