Thursday, July 16, 2020

Chevron Birthday for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends, so glad you've stopped by to take a peek at my card for the lastest Tic Tac Toe Challenge!  Tenia is hosting and has given us a really fun board to play with.


I have tons of family birthdays during the summer months, so I took this opportunity to make a birthday card for my middle grandchild.  He is turning 18 (what???) so of course I wanted to make one with a more masculine appeal and I thought the middle column (chevron, stapler, free) would work perfectly.


Beginning with a panel of Bristol paper, I ink blended 3 shades of blue/blue green Distress Oxide Ink-Speckled Egg, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire.  Next the panel was splattered with water to get that cool oxide look and when dry, was die cut with a Wonky Chevron cover die from Neat and Tangled.  Four more chevron cover dies were cut from white card to form the frame.


After the ink blended panel was dry, the interior pieces were trimmed out of the frame, and inlaid into the white frames that had been adhered to the card base.  The sentiment is from an old (I assume retired) PTI stamp set.  It was inked up in dark blue pigment ink for good coverage and when dry was die cut with a rounded rectangle die.  I added the staples then added the sentiment to the card using foam tape.  Even though I wanted to keep the card pretty simple, it still looked a little plain, so I found some silver star sequins in my stash and added three of those.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it.  I hope you'll be inspired by Tenia's board and come join the challenge this week!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the DT!

Stef


Stamps:  Stylish Sentiment: Birthday (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versafine Clair Blue Belle, Speckled Egg, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire DOX 
Other:  Wonky Chevron Cover Plate die (N&T), Nested Rounded Rectangle Infinity die (Hero Arts), stapler, star sequins

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is a fantastic card, Stef! Love everything about it. I see you've finally made the big move - woohoo! Keep well, and safe, my friend. x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great man card Stef! Love the inked and splattered chevrons and the popped up sentiment tag. Do hope you'll be able to join in with the 18th birthday celebrations somehow. Vicky x

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and all the fun elements!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That ombre background is awesome Stef - love the chevron design too, modern and funky and perfect for a discerning male teen. I love it!