Monday, June 29, 2020

Hello Friend for the SCS Color Challenge

Hi there, and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Chris is hosting this week and has chosen the beautiful combination of Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape and Bermuda Bay, with a dessert option to add waves or scallops.

I'm also joining the current Anything Goes challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge.

I thought it would be fun to pull out another Suzy's Watercolor Prints and create a colorful card with these rich colors.



I used Copic markers in colors similar to the challenge (plus SU neutral Mossy Green plus brown shades).  Beginning with the background, I then worked on each part of the print, ending with the bird, which I colored sort of like a dove.  I didn't worry about being too realistic with any of the coloring given it's cartoon-like nature, although I did add a shadow on the lettering with a medium gray marker to give it a bit more dimension.  Once the coloring was completed, the panel was trimmed down to roughly 3.75 x 5 inches.


Gold seemed like a good metallic to go with these rich colors, so I painted in the centers of the flowers, then decided to add splatter too, using a scrap to keep it off the bird.  Still I wasn't satisfied so I painted it around all the edges.  Love!  When it dried, it was mounted to a white card panel that had been run through the die cut machine with a debossing scales design I thought made a good substitute for scallops.  The entire piece was adhered to an A2 card base then added a gold thread ribbon for a final touch.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the Color Challenge and hopefully join us this week!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Suzy's Watercolor Prints Birds and Butterflies (SSS)
Other:  Dotted Scales Debossing Cover die, Gansai Tambi Starry Colors watercolor paints, gold thread (ret. SU)
Copics:  G99, 94, 82, W5, 3, 1, 0, V09, 17, 15, BG13, B16, C5, E37, 33, 

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

Wow! This is one glorious creation! You have used the colours so beautifully; how rich and vibrant they look together. Love the addition of gold. Just stunning, Stef.