Thursday, July 30, 2020

Framed Birthday for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge!  The lovely Claire is our host this week and has given us a fun board to play with that is resplendent with ideas for summer!


For my card, I went easy for me because I was under a bit of time pressure, so I went straight across the middle (blue, square, flower).


I used a lovely hellebore image to color with Copic markers in kind of a dusky pink.  I used to have a hellebore plant in my garden back in Oregon.  It was one that starting blooming in very early spring and had dark purple petals.  But I wanted to do something a bit brighter.  A online search revealed a large variety of colors, so I chose a light pink.  After the coloring was complete, I used a square die to cut out the image.


To add blue to my card a frame was die cut from light blue card, adhered to my square card base, then the flower panel was added with fun foam.  The sentiment was stamped and die cut then added with foam squares.  And that finished of my very CAS birthday card!  The final size of the card ended up being 4.25" square, so I will be able to mail it in a standard envelope.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you're inspired by this new Tic Tac Toe challenge and will join us this week.  Be sure to use the link above and check out the fabulous cards from the rest of the DT!

Stef


Stamps:  Cling Small Hellebore (Stampendous), Mini Everyday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Sea Glass (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Nested Circle Infinity die (Hero Arts), Essential Squares dies (Ellen Hutson)
Copics:  RV11, R85, 83, YG67, 25, 23, 17, 03, 01

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Your flower is colored so pretty, love it. The lt. blue mat is a great touch. TFS

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Sometimes simple is best Stef - your pink colouring is so perfect. Love it!

Nancy said...

I had to come by and tell you how gorgeous this is! Hope you are well!