Sunday, July 12, 2020

Beautiful Day for The Paper Players

Hello friends, so glad you are here and I hope you are continuing to stay safe and healthy!  It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players where the fabulous LeAnne is hosting our monthly Color Challenge!


Aren't those some lovely colors?  I really like them together but I have to admit I struggled a lot to find the right design that I found pleasing.  After much trial and error (read lots in the recycling bin), I pulled out my favorite floral stamp set from Altenew and here's what I came up with:


The flower and leaves were stamped on white card and colored with Copic markers.  There really isn't a perfect match for So Saffron in the Copic color family so I got as close as I could.  After coloring, the images where die cut with companion dies and set aside. 


For the background, an oval was lightly ink blended with Faded Jeans Distress Ink through a stencil, then the panel trimmed down and adhered to the Seaside Spray card base.  I used tape runner to adhere the leaves to the edge of the oval except for the end leaf which was popped up with a piece of foam tape for some nice dimension.  Next the flower and sentiment were added with foam tape as well, then a few clear sequins finished things off.  In the end I really love the soft colors and simple design (really happy I thought to use the oval stencil LOL!).


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it.  Be sure to use the link above to check out the wonderful creations by the other DT members and hopefully join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Beautiful Day (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Seaside Spray
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Morning Mist (sentiment), Faded Jeans Distress
Other:  Oval Extraordinaire stencil (MFT), Beautiful Day matching dies, Sparkling Clear Sequins (PPP)
Copics:  YR23, Y26, 19, 15, 13, C7, 5, 3, 1, 100

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Your yellow flower is gorgeous....the colors are perfect for the challenge. I love your sponged circle...I am going to have to try to perfect that technique, yours is just the right shade of subtlety! Gorgeous creation!

Christine Blain said...

I agree, your choice of a softly blended oval was a great choice, Stef! Such a serene, beautiful, background to the gorgeous flower. Beautiful card. x

Allisa said...

Such a stunning card. Your coloring is gorgeous as always!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Stef! I LOVE the layout. The stenciled oval provides the perfect backdrop. Of course, the flower is colored to perfection!!!

Cindy Beach said...

For sure, you found a gorgeous way to combine these colors! Beautifully done!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I have no idea what ended up in the bin, but I am in love with your final card. That soft framing of your beautiful floral is gorgeous. Stunning card
hugs
jaydee

Vicky Hayes said...

In this house, the recycling bin is all part of the design process Stef! Love the card you ended up with. The inky sky is so gentle and the flower almost glows against the leaves. Vicky x

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is so beautiful! I love the way you showcased the color combo! Your flower is stunning and I adore the leaves. This card will brighten someone's day!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You would never know you ended up struggling a little with this trio - that bright yellow bloom is gorgeous and the colours balanced just right. I love the soft sponged circle too. Beautiful as always Stef!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Absolutely stunning! That flower is truly a WOW!! You remain the queen of Copic!! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely awesome, Stef! As always, you shading is amazing!