Friday, March 1, 2019

Under the Weather

Hi there, and welcome back!  I have two cards to share with you, both for the Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoaststampers, where with the theme of  "Under the Weather" we could make either a weather related card or get well card.  I had a couple of panels I'd previously colored that fit both options.  In addition, I'm also using the get well card for the SCS Free For All challenge where the theme calls for flower projects to celebrate Spring.  Both cards are also for Kathy Racoosin's current The 30 Day Coloring Challenge, which is about to wrap up tomorrow.


My first card uses a panel from Suzy's Paintable Prints.  I adore those fun prints and this one is perfect for the "weather" theme.  I colored it with Copic markers and trimmed down the panel to just include the scene and omit the sentiment.  I added it to a landscape card base, with an embossed panel sprayed with shimmer spray.


Too cute, right?  I used a white gel pen to add detail.  Originally I cut out the entire panel with a wonky rectangle die and then used partial die cutting to cut it to the size I wanted.


For my next card I used a beautiful digi print from Poppy Power, colored it with Copic markers then trimmed down the panel, using a border punch on one side.  I added lace to a card base of Fog card stock, adhered the floral panel, then added the sentiment.



I love this beautiful bouquet, especially since my Crocus in the same colors are just starting to bloom!! 


Thank you so much for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  I've added links to all the challenges above so you can go check them out.

Stef


Card 1
Stamps:  Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches), Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Navy, Neenah Solar White, Suzy's Paintable Prints (Winter Warmth)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Wonky Stitched Rectangle die (SSS), retired SU embossing folder, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Tsukineko Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Spray
Copics:  B39, 37, 14, 12, 00, 000, 0000, BV29, 25, 23, 08, 04, 02, 00, RV 29, 14, 13, 11, BG49, 15, 11, YR16, 17, 35, R000, 20

Card 2
Stamps:  Winter Pick Me Up (digi/Power Poppy), Thoughts and Prayers (sentiment, ret. SU)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Fog
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Eyelet Border punch, Sentiment Labels die
Copics:  G28, 09, 02, Y11, 15, YR24, V17, 15, 12, 000, N2, 0, W5, 3, 1, E43, 44, 15, 37, 99, B000
 

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am in love!! The first card, your coloring is just amazing!! All the beautiful shades of red, aqua and blue you have on these sweaters. I LOVE the coloring on the second card. The pussy willows look so real on this image!!!