Monday, March 25, 2019

Friend

Hi there, it's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Barbara is hosting this week and she has chosen Powder Pink, Soft Sea Foam and Early Espresso with a dessert option to use Designer Series Paper.  I was so excited to use my new peony background stamp that I forgot about dessert. 


I used Copic markers similar to the challenge colors to color the panel, starting with the dark background so I didn't go through the effort of coloring all the floral images only to mess them up with the dark ink that I would not be able to fix.  After that was complete I die cut the sentiment 3 times for dimension, adhered it to a vellum banner, then added adhesive only behind the die cut to add the banner to the colored panel.  After using foam tape to add to the white card base, I added a few iridescent jewels for a little sparkle.

I was inspired to create a dark background, both by the challenge colors and by Lydia at Understand Blue, where she created a beautiful card with a black background in this post.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  I've added a link to SCS above, so I encourage you to check out this week's Color Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Pretty Peony Background (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Ink:  Gina K Black Amalgam
Other:  Big Friend die (SSS), Lucy's Iridescent Jewels
Copics:  Flowers:  R32, 30, 00; Leaves:  G02, 00, 0000, YG03, 91, 95, 97, 99; Background:  E49
 

No comments: