Thursday, March 28, 2019

Hey There!

Hello!  The card I'm sharing was made with the current challenge at The Paper Players where Joanne has created a fabulous sketch. I'm also entering my card in the Anything Goes challenge at the SSS Wednesday Challenge (links below to both).

PP 434


I made a very simple, easy card with some fabulous patterned paper that I made the star of the show, so to speak. I trimmed the patterned paper to 4" x 4.25" for the background, then used 1/8" strip of the reverse side pattern on each side, then layered on a Desert Storm card base.  I am so totally smitten with that scene with all the mushrooms, leaves and acorns, and the gorgeous color palate.  I kind of surprised myself because the red is Poppy Parade, one of my least favorite SU colors, but with this paper design it is perfect.


The Lumber embossing folder was used to create some texture on the strip of Poppy Parade, which was added to the panel with foam tape.  Next the sentiment strip was stamped and adhered on top with a cute wood acorn.  The final step was to wrap some hemp twine around the top.  Easy peasy!  I like this card because it could be sent to anyone for a number of occasions.


So glad you were able to come by visit!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White & Desert Storm, Poppy Parade, Painted Seasons dsp (SU)
Ink:  Early Espresso (sentiment)
Other:  Lumber embossing folder (Tim Holtz), Hemp Twine, Wood Element (ret. SU)
 

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Stef - this is my favourite paper design in this pack! I have some of those wooden acorns hiding in my stash too, so thanks for the prompt to pull them out and pair them with this paper - love it! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Stef. I love how you let the DSP shine. The acorn is the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Nora Noll said...

How cute is this? LOVE the paper you used and the fun little acorn is perfect!! GREAT take on the challenges!!