Monday, March 4, 2019

Spring Flowers

Hi there and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I am the host this week and have chosen the colors Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, So Saffron and Melon Mambo, with a dessert option to include a Spring image.  My Spring images are flowers, as you may have guessed by the blog post title!  I'm also joining the current challenge at The Paper Players, where the theme is "Spring Fever".  I think everyone in the US and Canada is sooo ready for Spring!


I used another one of the fabulous Suzy's Watercolor Prints from Simon Says Stamp for my card.  While on watercolor paper, the prints can be colored with a variety of mediums, so I used my Copics.
After the coloring was complete, the panel was trimmed down sufficiently so I could use some striped So Saffron patterned paper in the background.  After wrapping with some Baker's Twine, it was added to the base and a small sentiment circle adhered.
Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the links above to check out both challenges.
Stef
Stamps:  Circle of Spring (SU)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, retired SU dsp, Suzy's Watercolor Prints (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle and Circle dies, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax die, White Baker's Twine, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  RV17, 09, 06, 04, 02, Y21, 26, YR24, YG03, 17, 25, 67, BG10



1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Stef! Your coloring is gorgeous. I love how the big, bold florals are offset by the small sentiment. Perfect!!! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!