Monday, February 25, 2019

Shamrock Thanks

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting this week and has chosen Call Me Clover, Basic Black and Gold with a dessert option of Anything Goes.  My dessert option was to make a shamrock from four heart dies.


I have to give full credit to the awesome Laura Bassen who came up with this design.  I've linked her post at the Simon Says Stamp blog where she has a great video demonstrating how she created it.  I changed things up by making this a shamrock with overlapping gold die cut hearts (her ink was in rainbow order and the hearts were die cut from vellum).  After the shamrock was complete I trimmed the white card stock panel to a 4.5" square, adhered it to a slightly larger gold panel, which was then mounted on the black 5" square card base with foam tape.  I created the die cut sentiment and black shadow but it didn't stand out from the shamrock sufficiently, so I found a vellum heart in my stash and that did the trick!


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  I've added a link to SCS above, so I hope you'll use it to check out this week's Color Challenge.

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Tonic Gold Mirror, Vellum
Ink:  Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Ink
Other:  Script Thanks and Deco Heart dies (SSS), Nesting Hearts Infinity Die
 

No comments: