Sunday, March 31, 2019

Just For You

Hello again!  Can you believe it's the last day of March already???  A quarter of 2019 already flown by, but I am happy because the weather will be warming up and all the flowers in our yard will begin their blooming season!  Already we've had hellebore, crocus, hyacinth and volunteer primroses. Love it!

I'm sharing a card that carries one symbol of spring that I'm waiting to see in our yard soon, and it was made for three challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, the Color Throwdown and the Tic-Tac-Toe for The Paper Players.  Links to all the challenges are added below.


ctd536

PP435

The colors for CTD are described as Mauve, Mossy Green and Cream, and I had a hard time settling on a color for mauve, but after a couple of failed attempts, finally found the color I was looking for, not too purple and not too pink.  For the Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, I used a die-cut for my sentiment strip, embossing and a floral image.


I really love how these tulips turned out and think I've found a new favorite Copic color combination!  After coloring on Neenah Solar White, I remembered that the color challenge included cream not white, so I ended up fussy cutting the bouquet and used foam tape to mount on the Ivory card stock panel.


A strip of embossed Crumb Cake card stock was added to the side, then linen thread wrapped around the panel next to it and a little bow tied on.  Since I didn't have any card stock that matched well with the flower colors, I used a Copic marker to color a strip of card stock, then heat embossed the sentiment.  A few sequins finished things off.

 

So glad you came by to visit!  I hope you have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Sketched Tulip Bouquet (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up), Ivory (SSS)
Ink:  Gina K. Black Amalgam, Versamark
Other:  Sentiment Labels die (SSS), Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder, Corrugated embossing folder (SU), Sketched Tulip Bouquet matching die, Linen Thread
Copics:  Flower:  RV66, 55, 63, 52; Leaves:  YG67, 63, 61; Sentiment Strip:  RV52
 

7 comments:

Amy O said...

Oh, my goodness! These flowers are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kelly S. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Amazing coloring!

Windy Ellard said...

The tulips are gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and sweet card! Thank you for playing in the challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa H. said...

the tulips are beautiful and a perfect fit for this week's challenge. thanks for linking up and playing along with us over n CTD.

Jen Timko said...

These are really beautiful! I admit I'm a bit jealous as you talk about the flowers you already have. I'm ready for them all at my house. Until then, I'll keep admiring your tulips!! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, a true breath of spring (which has seemed to forgotten us here in PA!!), and you've colored and oriented it perfectly! A wonderful choice for our Paper Players challenge this week...thanks so much for playing!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Stef - your tulips are simple yet really eye-catching. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!