Sunday, March 3, 2019

Coral Petal Birthday

Hello, I hope you had a great weekend!  I used the time to make a few cards, including the one I'm sharing here, which was made for the challenges at Color Throwdown, CAS(e) this sketch and Just Us Girls.

ctd532

cts311


The flowers and leaves were Copic colored in coral and green, with the centers a mix of a light brown (kraft like) and dark brown, then dotted with a white gel pen.  For the blue panel I started with a larger panel of watercolor paper, which I saturated with water then dropped in a couple of blue Distress Inks.  I used a heat tool to dry, then sprayed it with shimmer spray, let it dry, then added Distress Resist spray.  When those layers dried completely I layered on an additional watercolor layer which darkened up the areas not sprayed with the Distress Resist.  The contrast wasn't as great as I'd hoped but I liked it paired with the other challenge colors, so I decided to work with it as is, trimming it down with a square die to add to the card front.



Before assembling the card I used the center panel to determine where to stamp the sentiment, the added the center panel, flowers and sequins for a bit of sparkle!


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  I've added links to the challenges above, so be sure to check them out!

Stef


Stamps:  Perfectly Perfect (Altenew), Happy Birthday Gorgeous (sentiment/Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Canson XL
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam,Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Inks Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon
Other:  Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray, Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spray, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Perfectly Perfect matching dies, Square Framelits (ret. SU)
Copics:  R27, 24, 22, 20, YG67, 17, 25, E31, 29
 

3 comments:

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, Stef! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love your beautifully colored flowers and the great blue background you paired them with. TFS

Nancy said...

Wish my Copic skills were half this good! I am not going to give up though! This is so pretty Steph! The blue panel really makes the florals pop! Gorgeous creation! Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls!