Sunday, March 10, 2019

Hello Friend

Hi there and welcome!  I have a card to share that I made for two challenges, the current one at Color Throwdown and the Free For All challenge at Splitcoaststampers, where the theme is to CASE a card from your SCS gallery.  I found one I made for my first month as part of the SCS Dirty Dozen Design Team last April and thought it would be a fun one to create anew, using the gorgeous CTD colors.

ctd533

I do love purples so I was immediately drawn to this week's colors of gray, purple, lavender and kraft, which also worked perfect for the cute kitty stamp from Waffle Flower.


I started by using Copics to color the main image, die cut it with the matching die and then realized I hadn't lined it up properly.  Sigh, back to square one recoloring the image.  However, I was able to rescue the kitty from the first version and since I like how it was colored, I fussy cut it then popped it up over the 2nd version.  Our sweet kitty and flowers were adhered to a die cut circle of vellum then set aside as I used a stencil to ink blend clouds with Distress Inks on the background panel. 


The bottom of the panel was lightly covered with Dusty Concord, then I switched to Shaded Lilac to stencil the clouds.  The panel was die cut, added to the Desert Storm card base, then vellum circle with the kitty was adhered.  The sentiment die was cut 3 times, stacked, then ink blended in a kind of ombre fashion with the same Distress Inks.  I didn't have gray card stock that matched nicely with the color of the kitty, so I used C5 Copic on white card stock and when dry, heat embossed the word friend. 

Here's the card from my SCS gallery that I cased:



That's it, thanks for visiting!  Above are links to both challenges, so be sure to check them out!

Stef


Stamps:  Smiling (Waffle Flower), Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Strathmore Bristol, Vellum
Ink:  Gina K Black Amalgam, Versamark, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord Distress
Other:  Smiling matching die, Wonky Stitched Rectangle and Sentiment Labels dies, Stitched Shapes Circle Framelit (SU), Hello die (MFT), Cloud Stencil (MFT), Copic markers
 

2 comments:

Kia's Place said...

I marvel at your Copic skills Stef ... your work is beautiful.

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, Stef!! I love that kitty too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!!