Thursday, March 21, 2019

Hello Spring!

Hi there friends!  I'm back with a card made for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  Jaydee has challenged us to make a CAS one layer wonder card.  I had a panel with a floral bouquet I'd water colored a while back and this seemed the perfect time to use it! 


I'm also joining the Ways to Use It challenge at Splitcoaststampers, where our card should include something that can be planted in a garden, such as flowers or vegetables. 

I've had this stamp set for a while and used other images from it, including the butterfly used on this card, but not this pretty bouquet.  After stamping on a panel of Arches cold press watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black, I water colored it with various Distress Inks.  I love them because the colors are nice and bold, and blend beautifully. Basically I used a light wash to color each flower and the leaves, then when dry, went back in with more ink and less water to add shadows and then a light blue wash in the background. 


I found what I thought was an appropriate sentiment given that today is the 2nd day of Spring, stamped in VOB, then die cut the panel with an A2 size stitched rectangle die.  Strong adhesive was added to the back as the panel was a bit warped, then adhered to an ivory card base.  No embellies, enough white space (I think?) and adhering directly to a base without dimension for a one layer card.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I've added links above to both challenges, so be sure to check them out!

Stef


Stamps:  Fragrant Flowers (Penny Black), Sketch Tulip Bouquet (sentiment/Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Arches #140 Cold Press, Ivory (card base)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black; Distress Inks:  Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Wilted Violet, Broken China, Peeled Paint (I think), Gathered Twigs
Other:  Card Front Element Build Stitched Rectangle die (SugarPea Designs)
 

2 comments:

Jaydee said...

Stef, this is gorgeous. Wonderful coloring and I love the big, bold floral. Fabulous coloring on the background, too. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week and sharing this floral beauty.
jaydee

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the watercolor and the flowers are just gorgeous. GREAT design.