Thursday, October 19, 2023

Spooky Forest

Hello friends!  I have another Halloween card to share with you.  I'm sharing it over at Just Us Girls (card #2!), Festive Friday and the Four Seasons Challenge (card #3!).  

(I went with black, stencil, witch and moon)

So I went a little crazy on stocking up with new Halloween stuff and this card mixes and matches die cuts from Simon Says Stamp and Tim Holtz.


I LOVE making Halloween cards so this was so fun to put together.  I started with the SSS Arched Forest embossing folder and die.  I used two shades of brown (all inks used are Distress Oxide listed below) to ink blend a panel of Tim Holtz Heavyweight cardstock that I'd embossed with the Arched Forest folder, then used the matching die to cut out the background, leaving just the trees.  I re-embossed the tree section as it got flattened out a bit in the die cutting process.

Next I used a moon mask on another panel of the same cardstock and ink blended the spooky sky.  I then used a moon stencil to added layers to the moon, then the panel was splattered with Hocus Pocus and Unravelled Distress Mica Stain Sprays.


While the panel dried, I die cut the fun trick-or-treaters from black cardstock three times, then adhered them together for some dimension. I just love the kid with the pumpkin head lol! Before adding the embossed trees to the background, I stenciled the bats with some black pigment ink.  After adhering the trees to the background, the panel was slightly trimmed down and added to a black card base.  After the trick-or-treaters and sentiment were adhered, I used a white gel pen to add just a few highlights from the moon and that finished things off!


If you like Halloween cards, take a peek at a couple cards I made last month here and here.

Thanks for taking time to visit.  Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Stamping Bella Frightful and Delightful (sentiment)
Paper:  Hero Arts Pitch Black, TH Heavyweight white
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne;  Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Villainous Potion and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide
Die/Embossing folder:  SSS Arched Forest, Tim Holtz Halloween Night
Stencils:  Picket Fence Mini Haunted Moon Blending Stencils, SSS Layered Bats
Sprays:  Hocus Pocus and Unraveled Distress Mica Stain Sprays

9 comments:

Karen said...

This is fabulous! I love the dimension; it looks like a very spooky woods to be wandering through!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a marvelous Halloween card, Stef! It's just spooky enough! Your moon with the bats flying around is my favorite part. Thanks for joining us again at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

This is wonderful, Stef! You made your Trick-or-treating scene come to life. The moon, bats, and night sky look incredible. I have spent so long admiring it! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

LOVE this scene Stef...the background is fabulously colored and the trick or treaters with the white line effect for moonlight on them is perfect!!! All of your work on this was well worth the time and effort! So happy you joined us at Just Us Girls!

Diane said...

Spooky fun Halloween scene you have created! Don't forget if you like making Halloween cards we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats allowing you to use your Halloween stash all year!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS! I LOVE the spooky scene you've created! Sending crafty HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef that background is fabulous - and your trick-or-treaters adorable in an ever so slightly creepy way! Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday!

Diane Evans said...

Wow this card is amazing. I love all your elements and tht background! Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge

Jaydee said...

Stef, what a fabulous scene you created. Adding the touch of white gel pen on your characters really makes them the focal point. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee