Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Sparkle and Shine for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing my reminder card for the October challenge at Christmas Craft Creations.  This month our theme is monochromatic.


I love making monochromatic cards for Christmas, they are especially great for CAS, or in my case, Clean and Layered.


I've had the Gina K Sparkle and Shine stamp set for at least a year and haven't used it, so this challenge was the perfect place to showcase one of the beautiful images in the set.  I started by silver heat embossing the tree and star on a panel of Simon Says Stamp Peacock cardstock and the sentiment on a separate scrap of the same.  Both were die cut with MFT Stitched dies, then I ink blended SSS Ocean around the edges of the panel.  It wasn't quite dark enough so I brought in some SSS Galaxy, which is a dark blue, then went over it again with Ocean to get a nice blend.  I added a bit around the edges of the sentiment strip as well.


I then ink blended a separate A2 size panel of peacock in the same manner, thinking it would cover the entire card base after layering the embossed panel of matte silver.  But I felt it just needed that bit of white around the edges, so it was die cut to create a mat that was then added to the card base.  The sentiment was added with thin foam tape and the finishing touch was to sprinkle about some holographic stars from Trinity Stamps.  Since this card design lends itself to making multiples, that's what I did, but changing up the cardstock and metallic colors.  So who knows, maybe someday one of them may pop up on my blog for a different challenge!


If you're working on your Christmas cards, then why not head over to CCC and join us this month?  We have prizes that are given randomly, which is an additional incentive to adding a card to your holiday card stash.

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see your card in the gallery!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Gina K Sparkle and Shine
Paper:  SSS Peacock and Matte Silver, Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Versamark, SSS Ocean and Galaxy
Other:  SSS Fine Detail Embossing Powder, Trinity Stamps Oh My Stars Confetti Mix
Dies:  MFT Stitched Rectangle and Essential Stitched Sentiment dies

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This sure is a pretty way to say Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

What a beautiful card Stef! Gorgeous colors and that tree isa beauty!!!